Picton, Marlborough: Luxury One or Two-Night Boutique Hotel Stay for Two with Cooked Breakfast and Sparkling Wine at Award-Winning Escape to Picton
- Multi award-winning hotel
- In the heart of Marlborough wine region
- Elegant, luxury guest rooms
- Decadent French bath tubs
- Formal Suite balcony overlooks beautiful Marlborough Sound
- Romantic South Island escape
- $199 for a one-night stay
- $389 for a two-night stay
- Modern Suite or Formal Suite for two people
- Daily cooked breakfast
- Glass of sparkling wine on arrival
- 1 voucher per couple
- Purchase 3 additional as gifts
- Black-out dates:
1 Dec 2012 – 28 Feb 2013
- Subject to availability
- No cancellations. Amendments possible but subject to availability and may incur a surcharge (payable direct to hotel)
- Check-in 3pm, checkout 11am
- Ages 18+ for alcohol consumption
- Flights/transport not included
- Not valid with other offers
- Brought to you by Groupon Getaways Australia Pty Ltd, Travel License 2TA09536
- See the rules that apply to all deals
How to Redeem
- Valid to: 31 Mar 2013
- Must book by: 20 Nov 2012
- Phone to book: (03) 573 5573
- Or email: email@example.com
- State voucher codes
- Present printed voucher on arrival
Verdant slopes rise from the majestic, glassy waters of Queen Charlotte Sound at Picton, the gateway to the South Island. Heading south, visitors pass the sweeping curve of Cloudy Bay to arrive in the heart of Marlborough wine country, where rolling hills are dotted with vineyards and charming cellar doors.
Revel in the romance with today’s Groupon for Escape to Picton:
• $199 for a one-night stay for two people ($465 value)
In the Modern Suite or Formal Suite with cooked breakfast and a glass of sparkling wine on arrival
• $389 for a two-night stay for two people ($930 value)
In the Modern Suite or Formal Suite with cooked breakfast daily and a glass of sparkling wine on arrival
Perched above the calm, picturesque waters of Marlborough Sound, Escape to Picton is an acclaimed boutique hotel popular with honeymooners and luxury-seekers. Groupies have a choice of two beautifully furnished rooms, enjoying a delicious daily breakfast and a welcome glass of sparkling wine with each option. Sink into the lounge by the cosy gas fire in the premium Modern Suite , which features three spacious rooms and a super king bed with luxurious bed linen and piles of cushions. Feel like royalty in the Formal Suite where high ceilings glitter with antique chandeliers above a divine French king-sized bed, heavenly French bath tub and balcony overlooking the water.
Enjoy an indulgent day hopping between cellar doors of the famous Marlborough wineries, sipping the region’s signature Sauvignon Blanc along with other varieties like Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Stock up on a few bottles to take home and perhaps indulge in a decadent lunch at award-winning Herzog or Twelve Trees Restaurant. Sporty types may prefer to go fishing or sailing on magnificent Marlborough Sound, or perhaps enjoy a leisurely game of golf.
Picton is located near the head of Queen Charlotte Sound in the north-east corner of the South Island. Inter-island ferries to and from Wellington arrive and depart here daily by way of the Marlborough Sounds, and Picton airport has daily direct flights from Christchurch and Wellington. The world-famous vineyards of Marlborough are centred around Blenheim, 20km south of the hotel.
Escape to Picton has some exceptional reviews on TripAdvisor, with previous guests raving about the beautiful décor, excellent food and service that made them feel like royalty.
I just wanted to move in and live there full time! The bed was so comfortable that I slept straight for 10 hours the first night… clean, fresh, warm towels were provided each day for the AMAZING bath and the giant shower. I felt like royalty, and it was the perfect romantic weekend.
– Katherine K, TripAdvisor
You will be treated to excellent fresh cuisine by the host/chef Juliarna and her delightful staff. Our room was tastefully furnished with the decor in subtle calming tones.
– Carole C, TripAdvisor