Put pedal to the metal with an all-inclusive cycling day trip through a choice of three scenic trails rich in history and natural beauty
What You'll Get
$90 for a choice of mountain bike day trip for one person (total value up to $135)
$179 for a choice of mountain bike day trip for two people (total value up to $270)
Lighthouses and Lakes Trail for one or two people
- Distance 25km
- Riding time 3-5 hours, total duration 3-9 hours
- Head down to the East by West Ferry terminal at Queens Wharf, for a 10am sailing across Wellington harbour to their base in the beautiful Days Bay.
- The ferry fare is included in the price - just show the staff your booking confirmation
- Be met at the wharf in Days Bay, with your bikes, food, maps and additional information
- Check out the Eastbourne Heritage Trail detailing the history of the area and the Wahine disaster, or perhaps take a short bush walk up into the hills above the village with spectacular views and native birdsong.
- From Eastbourne, venture out along the coastal trail, passing by surf breaks and popular fishing and diving spots
- Discover past beached shipwrecks to Baring Head, with its World War 2 bunkers and amazing views of the Kaikoura Ranges
- Reach the end of the trail at the Orongorongo Valley, from where you can visit Wellington’s largest fur seal colony at Turakirae Head
- Meet the 4.30pm shuttle and be driven you back to your doorstep in Wellington, via Wainuiomata with fantastic views over Wellington Harbour
Remutaka Rail Trail Explorer for one or two people
- Distance 18/25km
- Riding time 3-4 hours, total duration 6 hours
- Start the day at 9am and shuttle to either Maymorn - a 25km, a slightly more challenging ride or Kaitoke - an 18km easy ride
- Ride a modern comfort mountain bike with helmet,maps, repair kit and GPS, customized to each client’s height and riding preferences
- Packed lunch and water included
- Shuttle from Cross Creek at 2 p.m., return to Wellington at approximately 3.30 p.m.
From Source to Sea Trail for one or two people
- Distance 39/46km,
- Riding time 3-5 hours, total duration 4-9 hours
- Follow the meandering Hutt River downhill from its source at Kaitoke or Maymorn (for a shorter ride) to its end at Seaview
- Ride around the coastline to the beautiful Days Bay where you can drop your bikes off at The Boatshed and go for a paddle on a kayak or SUP,
- Jump on the ferry back to Wellington, or take your 5.30pm shuttle back to your doorstep. 39/46km of moderate riding,
- Suitable for riders with reasonable levels of fitness.
See the full trail details here.
The Fine Print
• Limit of 5 vouchers per person
• Purchase up to 3 additional as gifts
• Not valid on public holidays
• 48 hour cancellation policy or voucher is forfeited
• Minimum 2 people required for day trip to go ahead
• Maximum 9 people in a group
• Equipment provided includes modern mountain bike set up to your size, head torch, helmet, maps, repair kit, GPS, packed lunch and water
• Please wear suitable clothing and footwear and bring warm jacket in case weather deteriorates
• Trips may be postponed if weather is unsuitable
• Remutaka Rail Trail trip is valid for riders of all levels. Trip is on firm gravel tracks
• Lighthouses to Lakes trail crosses a small stretch of private land. Owners are cyclist-friendly, but please always be courteous and considerate
• Source to Sea package is suitable for riders with reasonable levels of fitness
• Standard fine print for all deals
How to Redeem
• Valid to: 31 Mar 2019
• Book online: http://remutakacycletrail.co.nz/remutaka-rimutaka-cycle-trail-supported-day-trips-tours-rimutaka-incline-hutt-river-trail-wild-coast-trail
(1) Select your trip, number of people and day
(2) Enter the Groupon Voucher Code in 'Voucher Code' box and click 'Apply'
• Present printed or smartphone voucher on arrival
• Download free Groupon app for Android and iOS
Remutaka Rail Trail Explorer: Pickup on the 9.00am shuttle from your doorstep in Wellington to Kaitoke; Shuttle from Cross Creek (2.00pm) back to Wellington doorstep (3.30pm)
Lighthouses and Lakes: Make your own way to the East by West Ferry terminal at Queens Wharf, for a 10am sailing across Wellington harbour to the base in Days Bay (ferry pass included in cost). Shuttle from Orongorongo (4.30pm) back to Wellington doorstep (5.30pm)
From Source to Sea: 9.00am shuttle from your doorstep in Wellington to Kaitoke or Maymorn; End of day ferry pass back to Wellington CBD, or shuttle back to your doorstep (customer's choice)
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.
About Cycle Remutaka
Cycle Rimutaka gets people pedaling through the great outdoors with a range of cycling activities dedicated to the Rimutaka Cycle trail. Choose from a range of all-inclusive day trips to discover the rich history and natural beauty of this little slice of paradise. Follow the mantra of owners and operators Dave and Alice Woulfe by getting on board a lifestyle spent adventuring with friends and family.