The Hotel: Cornwall Motor Lodge
Nestled in the heart of Palmerston North, Cornwall Motor Lodge offers four-star contemporary accommodation and convenient access to what the city has to offer. Groupies can take a leisurely stroll to numerous bars and restaurants, town square and CDB or indulge in shopping at The Plaza Shopping Mall. The scenic Manawaroa Park and Manawatu River can be reached within a 15-minute walk.
Guests can settle into air-conditioned rooms which boast classic decor and come complete with seating areas, kitchenettes, en suite bathrooms and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Some units feature private balconies with scenic views of the local area.
Executive Spa Suite
- Bed size/type: One king bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- The room features city views, a large spa bath and a private bathroom with shower, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries
- Bed size/type: One king bed and two twin beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Four people
- The room features a private bathroom with shower/tub combination, bathrobes, and complimentary toiletries, and boasts courtyard views
The Area: Palmerston North
Boasting a scenic location near the north bank of the River Manawatu in the Manawatu/Whanganui region, Palmerston North attracts tourist with numerous parks and charming gardens such as Cross Hill Gardens, The Fragrant Garden, Pukemarama and The Victoria Esplanade Gardens. Nature lovers and thrill seekers can head to the Ruahine Forest Park boasting kayaking, mountain biking, and swimming opportunities, while those who prefer city life can visit local museums, shop for occasions at quaint boutiques or explore various cafes and restaurants.