The Hotel: Courtney Motel
Just 100 metres from a swimming beach, and a short stroll along the lake-front to the bustling town centre, Courtney Motel is conveniently located for anyone wanting to stay in Taupo. Either kick-back and relax in your motel room or check out some of Taupo’s attractions such as white-water rafting, bungy jumping, scenic cruises, biking riding, fishing or golf.
Those wanting the action a little closer to home can take a dip in the spa and heated swimming pool or cook up a storm in the BBQ area. Once the sun sets, retreat to a choice of apartments with convenient kitchen facilities. Relax in front of the TV with Sky channels in the spacious living area.
- Bed size/type: One extra large double bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- Separate living room, full kitchen, BBQ, private bathroom, garden view
- Bed size/type: Bedroom one: one large double bed; bedroom two: two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Four people
- Separate living room, fully equipped kitchen, BBQ, private bathroom, garden view
- Bed size/type: Bedroom one: one extra large double bed; bedroom two: two single beds; bedroom three: two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Six people
- Maximum occupancy: Six people
- Separate living room, fully equipped kitchen, BBQ, private bathroom, patio with garden view
- Bed size/type: Bedroom one: one extra large double bed; bedroom two: two single beds; bedroom three: five single beds; bedroom four: one extra large double bed
- Standard occupancy: 11 people
- Maximum occupancy: 11 people
- Spacious two level apartment with four bedrooms and three bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, two separate living/dining areas
The Area: Waikato Region, North Island
This region of New Zealand’s North Island marries its breathtaking scenery with a slew of activities that will tempt one’s inner explorer. Explore New Zealand’s longest river, the Waikato with a walking or biking adventure that covers all manners of terrain, from open grassy fields to wooden boardwalks suspended over wetlands.
Visitors continue to be spoilt for choice in Turangi, with a choice of activities like white water rafting, kayaking, trout fishing and skiing. Lake Taupo is a mecca for adrenaline junkies, tempting thrill seekers with bungy jumping, skydiving, quad biking and scenic helicopter flights. The Tongariro National Park has gained worldwide acclaim after being awarded UNESCO Dual World Heritage and featured in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Visitors to the area are towered over by three volcanoes, including the 2797m Mount Ruapehu as they take one of several walking routes. The 19.4km Tongariro Alpine Crossing is touted as the best day walk in New Zealand, challenging even the most capable hiker with its craters and windy terrain.