Travellers are invited to embark on a 12-day adventure and discover the gems of Vietnam with guided tours. During the experience, holidaymakers can learn more about Vietnam’s past, discover famous sites of Hanoi, Halong, Sapa, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Mekong, and Cu Chi, visit the 4th-century religious centre of My Son and cruise the waters of Halong Bay.
Day 1: Arrive in Hanoi; transfer to your hotel in the city centre; rest of the day at your leisure.
Day 2: Embark on a Halong Bay cruise and spend the day kayaking, exploring Sung Sot Cave, and enjoying the sun on the deck; take part in a sunset party aboard and optional squid fishing.
Day 3: Start the day from Tai Chi aboard, cruise to Titov Island, and spend some time swimming before heading back to the harbour; participate in a cooking class and enjoy a Vietnamese lunch on board before disembarking and returning to Hanoi.
Day 4: Transfer to Sapa; savour Vietnamese lunch after arrival and head for a two-hour trekking to Cat Cat Village, home to ethnic people of Black H’mong and a picturesque waterfall
Day 5: Trek from Sapa to Y Linh Ho and along Muong Hoa stream, taking in the mountain views of Hoang Lien Son; enjoy some picnic in Lao Chai village, head to Ta Van village and get a bus back to Sapa from Ta Van Bridge; head to Hanoi
Day 6: Morning at your leisure; transfer to the train station for an overnight train journey to Da Nang
Day 7: Leisure day; explore Da Nang or recharge the batteries before the next days of the journey
Day 8: Trip to My Son Holy Land, surrounded by mountains 4th-century religious centre with numerous temples, towers, and ancient buildings; take a boat trip down River Thu Bon and visit a traditional local village
Day 9: Transfer to the airport for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City; transfer to the hotel and leisure time on your own
Day 10: Take a scenic journey among the vividly green rice fields to visit Vinh Trang pagoda and take a boat ride along the river overviewing fruit plantations and fishing villages; explore Tortoise Islet and An Khanh, and learn more about the local life in the Mekong Delta
Day 11: Head to Cu Chi, where you can learn about the famous tunnel network and its significance during the Vietnam War.
Day 12: Explore Ho Chi Minh City on your own before transfer back to the airport.
Discover landmarks and historical areas of Vietnam, embark on a Halong Bay cruise, and see how the locals live along the Mekong Delta
What You Get
$899 per person, twin share for a 12-day tour (up to $2,506 value)
Price is per person, based on twin share (two people travelling together)
Single supplement (one person travelling alone): NZ$499 payable at time of booking
Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
11 nights of accommodation:
Nine nights in hotels
One overnight train journey
One overnight cruise: V’Spirit Cruise in Halong Bay
Flight from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City with 20kg check-in luggage and 7kg hand luggage
Train ticket from Hanoi to Da Nang in a four-berth shared sleeper cabin
Train station transfer in Hanoi and Danang
Guided tours to My Son Holy Land, Mekong Delta, Halong Bay, and Sapa
Private car airport transfers in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City
Train station transfer in Hanoi and Hue
Meals as per itinerary (10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 2 dinners)
Taxes and service charges
Return airfares to Vietnam
Beverages, tips, and personal expenses
The Fine Print
• A peak season surcharge of NZ$100 per person applies for travel between 28 Aug-5 Sep 2018; 24 Dec 2018-5 Jan 2019; 20 Jan-20 Feb 2019, 24 Apr-5 May 2019, 28 Aug-5 Sep 2019, payable to the Travel Provider directly
• Deal is valid for 1 person based on 2 people travelling together (twin share)
• Check availability before purchase
• Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
• Based on two people sharing, single supplement of NZ$599 applies; payable directly to the Travel Provider
• Flight ticket Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam Airlines - the first priority) is with 20kg check-in and 7kg hand luggage
• Train from Hanoi to Danang is 4-berth cabin sharing, soft sleeper with air conditioning
• Excludes beverages, airfares, tips and gratuities, personal expenses, Vietnam visa, travel insurance (highly recommended), and other inclusions not explicitly stated in the itinerary
• Groupon strongly encourages all travelers to check official advice available at safetravel.govt.nz prior to purchasing this deal
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here