What You Get
$899 per person, twin share for a 12-day tour (up to $2,506 value)
- Price is per person, based on twin share (two people travelling together)
- Single supplement (one person travelling alone): NZ$599 payable at time of booking
- Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
- 11 nights of accommodation:
- Nine nights in hotels
- One overnight train journey
- One overnight cruise: Apricot Cruise in Halong Bay
- Flight from Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City with 20kg check-in luggage and 7kg hand luggage
- Train ticket from Hanoi to Da Nang in a four-berth shared sleeper cabin
- Train station transfer in Hanoi and Danang
- Guided tours to My Son Holy Land, Mekong Delta, Halong Bay, and Sapa
- Private car airport transfers in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City
- Train station transfer in Hanoi and Hue
- Meals as per itinerary (10 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 2 dinners)
- Taxes and service charges
- Return airfares to Vietnam
- Beverages, tips, and personal expenses
- Vietnam visa
Travellers are invited to embark on a 12-day adventure and discover the gems of Vietnam with guided tours. During the experience, holidaymakers can learn more about Vietnam’s past, discover famous sites of Hanoi, Halong, Sapa, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, Mekong, and Cu Chi, visit the 4th-century religious centre of My Son and cruise the waters of Halong Bay.
- Day 1: Hanoi Arrive in Hanoi; transfer to your hotel in the city centre; rest of the day at your leisure.
- Day 2: Hanoi to Halong Bay (B/L/D) Embark on a Halong Bay cruise and spend the day kayaking, exploring Sung Sot Cave, and enjoying the sun on the deck; take part in a sunset party aboard and optional squid fishing.
- Day 3: Halong Bay to Hanoi (B/L) Start the day from Tai Chi aboard, cruise to Titov Island, and spend some time swimming before heading back to the harbour; participate in a cooking class and enjoy a Vietnamese lunch on board before disembarking and returning to Hanoi.
- Day 4: Hanoi to Sapa (B/L/D) Transfer to Sapa; savour Vietnamese lunch after arrival and head for a two-hour trekking to Cat Cat Village, home to ethnic people of Black H’mong and a picturesque waterfall
- Day 5: Sapa to Hanoi (B/L) Trek from Sapa to Y Linh Ho and along Muong Hoa stream, taking in the mountain views of Hoang Lien Son; enjoy some picnic in Lao Chai village, head to Ta Van village and get a bus back to Sapa from Ta Van Bridge; head to Hanoi
- Day 6: Hanoi & Overnight Train To Da Nang (B) Morning at your leisure; transfer to the train station for an overnight train journey to Da Nang
- Day 7: Da Nang to Hoi An Leisure day; explore Da Nang or recharge the batteries before the next days of the journey
- Day 8: Hoi An (B/L) Trip to My Son Holy Land, surrounded by mountains 4th-century religious centre with numerous temples, towers, and ancient buildings; take a boat trip down River Thu Bon and visit a traditional local village
- Day 9: Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh (B) Transfer to the airport for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City; transfer to the hotel and leisure time on your own
- Day 10: Ho Chi Minh (B/L) Take a scenic journey among the vividly green rice fields to visit Vinh Trang pagoda and take a boat ride along the river overviewing fruit plantations and fishing villages; explore Tortoise Islet and An Khanh, and learn more about the local life in the Mekong Delta
- Day 11: Ho Chi Minh (B/L) Head to Cu Chi, where you can learn about the famous tunnel network and its significance during the Vietnam War.
- Day 12: Ho Chi Minh (B) Explore Ho Chi Minh City on your own before transfer back to the airport.
See the full itinerary here
The Fine Print
• A peak season surcharge of $NZD100 per person applies for travel between 24 Dec 2019 to 5 Jan 2020, 10 Jan 2020 - 20 Feb 2020, 30 Mar 2020- 6 Apr 2020, 24 Apr 2020 - 5 May 2020 and 28 Aug 2020- 5 Sept 2020, payable to the Travel Provider directly
• Deal is valid for 1 person based on 2 people travelling together (twin share)
• Check availability before purchase
• Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
• Based on two people sharing, single supplement of NZ$599 applies; payable directly to the Travel Provider
• Flight ticket Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam Airlines - the first priority) is with 20kg check-in and 7kg hand luggage
• Train from Hanoi to Danang is 4-berth cabin sharing, soft sleeper with air conditioning
• Excludes beverages, airfares, tips and gratuities, personal expenses, Vietnam visa, travel insurance (highly recommended), and other inclusions not explicitly stated in the itinerary
• Groupon strongly encourages all travelers to check official advice available at safetravel.govt.nz prior to purchasing this deal
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
• Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions
How to Redeem
Check Availability Make a Booking
• Can travel to: 20 Dec 2020
• Purchase your voucher and book online via reservation.grouponnz.co.nz
• If you received your voucher as a gift, sign in or register for a Groupon account then click on the 'BOOK A GIFT' button
• Select date of booking and enter details
• You'll receive an email to confirm reservation details
• Present printed or smartphone voucher on arrival
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.