$299 per person, twin share for a five-day guided tour of North Vietnam (up to $497 value)
- Price is per person, based on twin share (two people travelling together)
- Single supplement (one person travelling alone): $140 USD payable at time of booking
- Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
Included in all options:
- Three nights’ hotel accommodation
- One night Halong Cruise accommodation
- Guided tour of Halong Bay with V’Spirit Cruises
- One hour of kayaking at Halong Bay
- Squid fishing and cooking class
- Meals as per the itinerary
- On-boat insurance
- Welcome drink in hotel and aboard the boat
- Complimentary bottles of water
- Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Air-conditioned transport
- English-speaking guide
- Peak season surcharge per person for check in between 26 Jan - 2 Feb, 2017
On Day One, Groupies will arrive in Hanoi and check into their hotel in the centre of town, receiving a welcome drink upon arrival. In the afternoon, guests are free to explore the area, known for its centuries-old architecture and unique culture - a mix of Southeast Asian, Chinese, and French.
On Day Two, you’ll begin your 3.5-hour drive to Halong Bay early and enjoy the Red River Delta countryside along the way. Upon arrival at your destination, you’ll be welcomed aboard the V’Spirit Classic Cruise with a drink before embarking on a relaxing cruise amongst the limestone islands. Guests will kayak around the Luon Cave area, before cruising on to Soi Sim island where they can choose to relax on the beaches, or challenge themselves with a climb to the top of the island for a panoramic view of Halong Bay. After returning to the boat, you’ll have time to relax before dinner is served. Enjoy an evening of socialising with your fellow travellers before bedding down for the night onboard.
Day Three begins bright and early with some soothing Tai Chi exercises or an exciting photo hunt, followed by a sunrise breakfast. Afterwards, explore Sung Sot Cave - one of Halong Bay’s favourites. After checking out of your cabin, the cruise will continue, passing the Ba Hang fishing village and Dog Islet, among others. You’ll enjoy a traditional cooking demonstration and take advantage of the spoils of your labour with a Vietnamese lunch before disembarking. Guests will be transferred back to their hotel in Hanoi city centre, where they will bid goodbye to the guide and spend the night at the hotel.
Day Four begins in Hanoi’s Old Quarter, where guests will be picked up to enjoy a drive to Ninh Binh Province. Upon arriving at the ancient capital of Hoa Lu, they will visit attractions in the area such as the temples of King Dinh, and King Le, before arriving for lunch at Tam Coc Wharf. After a full buffet lunch, guests will ride sampan boats through caves, and visit countryside landscape before biking to Bich Dong on a peaceful country road. You’ll return to your hotel at 4:00 where you will bid goodbye to your guide before heading off to sleep. Day Five sees the tour come to an end after breakfast, and guests will fly home with memories to last a lifetime.
View the detailed itinerary here