Experience the mixture of ancient and new-age cultures in the bustling metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai. Discover the delights of the Orient, popular cities of Suzhou “the Garden City” and Hangzhou “the Water Village” and delve into nature in an ancient city of Wuxi endowed with scenic attractions. Towards the end of the tour embark on a scenic Yangtze River Cruise, relax on board and explore some attractions by the river bank.
- Qingdao: Hui Quan Dynasty Hotel or similar
- Beijing: CNCC Grand Hotel or similar
- Suzhou: Xiangxuehai Hotel or similar
- Wuxi: Grand Kingtown Hotel or similar
- Hangzhou: Merchant Marco Garden Hotel or similar
- Shanghai: Holiday Inn Shanghai Hongqiao West or similar
- Yangtze: Victoria Anna
Day 1: Arriving Qingdao
- Fly out from Auckland (on day one evening or day two morning) to Qingdao; on the spot be met by the tour guides and be transferred to the hotel.
Day 2: Qingdao (B and L)
- Explore Qingdao; stop at Zhangqiao Pier, the symbol of the city, then head towards Signal Hill Park, where you can take a bird view of the old town. Later take a walk through Eight Great Passes to enjoy the seaside scenery, visit Qingdao Shell Carving factory, and end the day at Ying Kou Lu market full of local shopping stalls.
Day 3: Qingdao - Beijing (B and L)
- In the morning, visit the Tsingtao Brewery Museum and take a chance to watch an exhibition showing the complete process of beer making and taste the freshly brewed beverage. Then enjoy a coastline walk to the 2008 Olympics Sailing Center. Later that day travel to Beijing.
Day 4: Beijing (B)
- Enjoy a leisure day in Beijing
- Alternatively, join one of the suggested optional activities: Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City tour, “The Golden Mask Dynasty” Show or “Kong Fu Legend” Show (additional cost may apply)
Day 5: Great Wall (B and L)
- Embark on an excursion to the majestic Great Wall (Juyongguan Section), one of the Seven Wonders of the World; en route visit one of the largest Jade Exhibitions in Asia
- Optionally, join of the suggested activities: Hutong Life Tour Beijing or Authentic Peking Duck Banquet (additional cost may apply)
Day 6: Beijing - Suzhou (B and L)
- In the morning, visit a Chinese Herbal Institute to learn about traditional Chinese medicine; then travel on the bullet train to Suzhou and be transferred to the hotel
Day 7: Suzhou - Wuxi (B and L)
- Explore Suzhou, the city known as the Oriental Venice and a designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site; after breakfast, visit the Lingering Garden, a classic private garden with 500 years of history, and continue the journey to the Suzhou Silk Factory; then enjoy the optional excursion and explore the famous Grand Canal. In the afternoon travel to Wuxi, visit Nanchang Street and be transferred to the hotel.
- Optionally, embark on a cruise to the picturesque Grand Canal (additional cost may apply)
Day 8: Wuxi - Hangzhou (B)
- Visit the Brilliance of Lake Lihu, located at the Famous Lake Taihu; then head to Fresh Water Pearl Farm; later that day continues the travel to Hangzhou; then spend the evening at leisure.
- Join an optional performance: The Romantic Show of Songcheng (additional cost may apply)
Day 9: Hangzhou - Shanghai (B and D)
- Explore Hangzhou, also known as the “Paradise on Earth”, visit the West Lake, known as the most beautiful lake in the country. Later that day visit No. 1 Tea Plantation and taste the local well-known Dragon Well Tea. After lunch drive to Shanghai.
- Optional tours: boat ride on the West Lake or the Huangpu River Night Cruise (additional cost may apply)
Day 10: Shanghai (B and D)
- After breakfast, travel to the Bund, a famous site in Shanghai known for the colonial architecture of European design. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
- Optional activities: Shanghai Insight Tour (this tour takes holidaymakers to Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone) or Chinese Acrobatic Show (additional cost may apply)
Day 11: Shanghai - Yichang (B)
- Travel to Yichang pier and check in the cruise ship – home for the next four nights.
Day 12: Yangtze River Cruise (B, L and D)
- Enjoy breakfast on board and relax with the Taichi class; in the evening return to the ship and attend the Captain’s Welcome Banquet and enjoy the entertainment program.
- Optional activities: Tribe of the Three Gorges tour or Three Gorges Dam Site tour (additional cost may apply)
Day 13: Yangtze River Cruise (B, L and D)
- Continue the cruise, and enjoy the available optional shore excursions on board at your choice. In the evening, enjoy music and dancing in a crew cabaret.
- Optional activities: Shennong Stream tour or White Emperor City tour (additional cost may apply)
Day 14: Yangtze River Cruise (B, L and D)
- Spend another relaxing day on a cruise, join optional shore excursions and discover the cultural activities on board. In the evening, enjoy a Farewell Dinner with the rest of the travellers and crew and prepare for disembarkation tomorrow morning.
- Optional activities: Shibaozhai Pagoda tour or Fengdu Ghost city tour (additional cost may apply)
Day 15: End of Tour (B)
- Disembark the cruise at Chongqing, known as the Mountain City in China; be transferred to the airport to board a flight home.
Day 16: Arrive Home
- Arrive Auckland