The Hotel: Voyager Apartments Taupo
Nestled in the picturesque Waikato Region, Voyager Apartments offer an ideal base for family getaways. Holidaymakers can make a spacious apartment decked out in modern furnishings their home away from home, while the hotel’s facilities, including a heated swimming pool, pantry shop, and BBQ area, keep them entertained. Located close to Lake Taupo, the place is also a perfect spot for thermal pools, hiking, mountain sports on Mt Ruapehu, mountain biking, or just relaxing at a local cafe or restaurant.
When not exploring the region, guests can settle into the Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment, featuring a modern bathroom with spa bath, full kitchen with dishwasher and over 50 channels with SKY TV. They can also research activities to do or keep in touch with family with complimentary Wi-Fi access.
- Bed size/type: One king bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- Apartment features two bedrooms, a bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen, a lounge, TV in the lounge and in the bedroom, a spa bath, laundry facilities, a balcony
- Bed size/type: One king bed and two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Four people
- The two-level apartment features two bedrooms, two bathrooms, one with a two-person spa bath, an air-conditioned living room with a TV, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities
- Bed size/type: One king bed and four single beds (can be changed on request)
- Standard occupancy: Six people
- Maximum occupancy: Six people
- The two-level apartment features two bedrooms upstairs and one wheelchair accessible bedroom downstairs, three bathrooms, one with a two-person spa bath, one wheelchair accessible, a lounge with a TV, dining and fully equipped kitchen area, private courtyard, laundry facilities
The Area: Waikato, North Island
This region of New Zealand’s North Island marries its breathtaking scenery with a slew of activities that will tempt one’s inner explorer. Explore New Zealand’s longest river, the Waikato with a walking or biking adventure that covers all manners of terrain, from open grassy fields to wooden boardwalks suspended over wetlands.
Visitors continue to be spoilt in Turangi, with a choice of activities like white water rafting, kayaking, trout fishing, and skiing. Lake Taupo is a mecca for adrenaline junkies, tempting thrill seekers with bungy jumping, skydiving, quad biking, and scenic helicopter flights. The Tongariro National Park has gained worldwide acclaim after being awarded UNESCO Dual World Heritage and featured in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Visitors to the area are towered over by three volcanoes, including the 2797m Mount Ruapehu as they take one of several walking routes. The 19.4km Tongariro Alpine Crossing is touted as the best day walk in New Zealand, challenging even the most capable hiker with its craters and windy terrain.