Explore the beauty of Kawau Island, with its small population and no roads and cars in the majority of the island; enjoy scenic views
Recent Positive Reviews
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
$22 for a child return cruise pass for a child aged 5-15 (total value up to $44)
$31 for a child return cruise pass with BBQ lunch for a child aged 5-15 (total value up to $60)
$44 for an adult return cruise pass (total value up to $88)
$60 for an adult return cruise pass with BBQ lunch (total value up to $115)
- Explore the beauty of Kawau Island with its small population
- The island is largely free of roads and traffic
- Enjoy scenic 180-degree views from the comfort of a large ferry as it delivers freight and mail to island residents on over 75 wharves
- Listen to the island’s history as told by the experienced and knowledgeable skipper
- Watch gannets diving for food, hear the call of the tui bird, and keep an eye out for penguins and dolphins
- Opt to have a kiwi BBQ lunch on board, with hot dogs, salad and soft drink for children, and BBQ sirloin steak or NZ Salmon with garden salad, bread roll, and non-alcoholic drink for adults
With this cruise pass deal, kids and adults alike can spend a day on the scarcely populated Kawau Island and take in its natural beauty. Customers can enjoy breathtaking landscapes from the comfort of a large vessel whose main and time-honoured purpose is to deliver mail and goods to the inhabitants of Kawau Island.
Is any meal included? Hungry parties can opt to include a BBQ lunch that features an array of dishes such as hot dogs, salads, and steaks and soft drinks. Thirst can be quenched with soft drinks.
Why it’s worth visiting Kawau island? Home to many vulnerable species of birds, the famous flightless kiwi included, the 5000-acre island is a site of a major conservation project. It is also of major cultural and spiritual importance to the indigenous peoples of the area. Kawau is known for its isolation - accommodation and primary tourist destinations are all reached by sea.
The Fine Print
• Limit of 10 vouchers per person
• Purchase up to 10 additional as gifts
• Bookings essential; subject to availability and weather conditions
• Limited availability over public holidays; available on school holidays
• Check-in 30 minutes prior to departure
• Child ticket valid for those aged 5-15
• Under 5s go for free but need to be booked in
• Subject to Kawau Cruises terms and conditions
• Kawau Cruises reserves right to amend timetable, substitute vessel or equipment at any time
• Return trip must be completed on same day
• Standard fine print for all deals
How to Redeem
• Valid to: 29 Mar 2020
• Bookings must be made at least: 2 weeks before expiry
• Email to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone to book: 0800 111 616
• State Voucher and Security Code at time of booking
• Present printed voucher on arrival
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.
About Kawau Water Taxis
Kawau Water Taxis is located in Warkworth, Auckland and operates cruises to Sandspit, Kawau, as well as the island's mail and freight runs. Their fleet of high speed and comfortable vessels are manned by professional skippers with years of experience. Kawau Water Taxis service the greater Hauraki Gulf and can drop customers off on one of many uninhabited beaches, fishing spots, or even arrange a rendezvous with a friends' boat. Venue hire for birthday parties, baby showers, anniversaries and weddings is also available. Customers can take advantage of a variety of rooms that provide stunning views of beachfront and courtyard.