$45 for a choice of two microdermabrasion or chemical peel sessions (total value up to $98)
- Two 30-minute microdermabrasion treatments
- Two 45-minute chemical peels: anti-ageing or glycolic
$85 for a choice of four microdermabrasion or chemical peel sessions (total value up to $196)
- Four 30-minute microdermabrasion treatments
- Four 45-minute chemical peels: anti-ageing or glycolic
- Microdermabrasion aims to exfoliate the surface of the skin and improve collagen production
- Chemical peels are designed to brighten up complexions by using a special solution to uncover younger skin cells
- Treatments can reduce the appearance of fine lines
What is microdermabrasion?
It’s an advanced exfoliating technique in which the surface layer of dead skin cells is gently removed. The treatment aims to reduce the appearance of fine lines, and generally encourage brighter complexions. How can people prepare?
Clients are advised to avoid the use of chemical creams, electrolysis, peeling cosmetics and waxing five days before the treatment.
What does aftercare involve?
People should wash their face using only cold or tepid water for the first day, and avoid lotions and products with harsh ingredients. Their skin may look slightly red but this will fade over the following couple of days.
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical solution is applied to the face, removing the top layer of skin cells to reveal the younger skin beneath. The therapist will cleanse skin before carrying out the peel, which can vary in terms of intensity and length.
What happens afterwards?
Skin will look slightly red or discoloured for a few hours. Clients must not use tanning beds and should apply sun protection when outdoors on bright days.
Located in Ormiston, Skin Artistry provides a range of beauty therapies performed by fully qualified and experienced beauticians. Clients can boost their confidence by having blemishes and pigmentation reduced, or refresh complexions thanks to a smoothing, hydrating or rejuvenating solution. The staff help with maintaining optimum skin health following the treatments, as well as offering expert advice and an array of skin care products.