Diners can take tastebuds on a journey to Japan with a platter of specially selected sashimi pieces served with a choice of sake or beer
Recent Positive Reviews
What You'll Get
$40 for a large platter of sashimi for four people (total value up to $65)
- 25 pieces of chef-selected sashimi to share
$60 for a large platter of sashimi with a large Tokori of Junmai-Dai-Ginjo sake for four people (total value up to $105)
$60 for a large platter of sashimi with four 400ml Asahi beers for four people (total value up to $109)
- A “Tanuki” is a cheeky badger who is always drinking sake and having a good time!
- Come and enjoy yourself, and indulge in the chef’s special Sashimi platter for four people
- Opt to pair with Premium Sake or cold Japanese Beer, or purchase the drink free option and choose your favourite beverage in house
- Tanuki specialize in Izakaya food, which is meant to be shared
- No need to travel to Japan, Tanuki serve authentic Japanese cuisine right in our own back yard in the CBD
- See the full menu
Menu items may be subject to seasonal change.
The Fine Print
• Limit of 1 voucher per person
• Purchase up to 1 additional as a gift
• Redeemable from Sunday 22nd December, subject to Christmas hours
• Not valid on Fri-Sat & Mon
• Not valid on public holidays
• Bookings essential and subject to availability - strictly no walk ins
• Voucher is only valid for a minimum group of 4 people or more
• Valid for dinner only
• Valid for dine-in only
• One voucher per table per booking
• Additional food and drink is available to order off the menu, payable directly to the merchant
• Subject to Christmas opening times available here http://tanuki.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2019-2020-christmas-and-new-years-trading-hours.pdf
• Standard fine print for all deals
How to Redeem
• Valid to: 30 Jun 2020
• Phone to book: 09 379 5353
• State Voucher and Security Code at time of booking
• Present printed or smartphone voucher on arrival
• Download free Groupon app for Android and iOS
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.
About Tanuki Sushi & Sake Bar
Bringing authentic flavours of Japan to the heart of Auckland, Tanuki Sushi & Sake Bar is represented by the image of Tanuki, a cheeky fuzzy animal enjoying its life to the fullest, the restaurant aims to spread the cheer of its symbol to all foodies visiting their locale. Specialising in izakaya food, the establishment makes their dishes to be shared so the guests can interact more and keep up the good spirit throughout the meal. The menu is comprised of platters of sushi, sashimi, tempura-fried entrée and mains like lamb chops, teriyaki salmon and tofu steak. These can be paired with a choice of drinks, including traditional sake and a choice of Japanese spirits and beers.
Tanuki is located in the Auckland Town Hall block at 319 Queen Street, at street level and is not to be confused with its sister eatery Tanuki’s Cave (Yakitori bar), which is located below Tanuki. Tanuki is easy walking distance (less than two minutes) to Auckland Town Hall, Civic Theatre, Q Theatre, Aotea Centre, The Basement, Comedy Club and Imax. As well as street parking on Mayoral Drive, there is public parking close by at Greys Ave Parking and Civic Car park, visit Auckland Transport for more details.