Private Glenorchy and Paradise tour. Being a charter this tour can focus on what you want, from Lord of the Rings to history, geology, photography - its your trip, you decide. Our experience in the local film industry, comfortable vehicles, extensive land access and comprehensive local knowledge combine to offer fans of Middle Earth the opportunity to take a memorable journey and to live, breathe and experience the magic of the LOTR locations. Total flexibility with tourDiscreteFull commentary and interpretationGuide with 30 years local experienceExplore Glenorchy, Paradise, and Dart ValleyiPad location guideKnowledgeable Lord of the Rings guideLOTR locations visitedIsengardIthilien CampLothlorien ForestBattle of Amon HenGlenorchy RoadBennetts BluffGlenorchy townshipViews of Mt Earnslaw and the Southern AlpsFilm locations for Wolverine, Narnia, The Hobbit, WillowTea break in a stunning location on the Dart River right next to Isengard
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
On a fine day this Glenorchy tour is hard to beat. The Glenorchy Road is one of the most beautiful roads in New Zealand with unsurpassed scenery and magnificent backdrops. With this tour, we head to the top of Lake Wakatipu to explore the township of Glenorchy and LOTR locations in the Paradise Valley, Dart River and Mt Aspiring National Park. Apart from Lord of the Rings, film locations of other productions are also visited.
Please Note, This tour is mainly on road. For a off-road tour see our Skippers Canyon adventure.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Guide with 30 years local guiding experience
- Private tour, there will be no other clients, just your party, your trip !
- Private tour means we can be flexible to achieve what you want to do and see
- Transport by 4WD vehicle, no vans, no cars, no buses
- Modern 4WD vehicle, good leg room, comfortable leather seats, big viewing windows
- Light refreshments- tea, coffee, chai latte, hot chocolate, and a selection of delicious NZ biscuits
- This tour operates year round, rain, hail, snow, sun !
- Queenstown local area Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Please Note, This tour is mainly on road. For a off-road tour see our Skippers Canyon adventure.
- Entry/Admission - Glenorchy-Queenstown Road
- Please Note, This tour is mainly on road. For a off-road tour see our Skippers Canyon tour.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the 4WD Expeditions in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.