Private Skippers Canyon tour with the most experienced 4 wheel drive guide in Queenstown, having over 30 years commercial Skippers Canyon driving experience. • Private group (2 - 4 passengers per vehicle) • Guaranteed 4WD vehicle, NO vans, NO buses ! • Total flexibility with tour • Long time local guide, not a seasonal worker ! • Full commentary and interpretation • Authentic New Zealand high country experience • Explore the infamous 1889 Skippers Canyon gold mining road • Visit the 1879 Skippers school • Optional extra Skippers Canyon Jet boat • Pickup time and location by arrangement • 4WD Expeditions holds AdventureMark® certification
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skippers Canyon, Skippers Rd, Queenstown 9371, New Zealand
Join Queenstown's most experienced 4x4 guide with a private charter tour exploring the stunning Skippers Canyon. We explore Skippers Canyon, made famous by the 1860's gold rush, via Coronet Peak and the infamous 1889 Skippers Canyon Road which roughly follows the gold-rich Shotover River. This tour offers a genuine 4x4 experience with stunning vistas of the southern high country, incredible views, awe-inspiring photographic opportunities in an isolated and fascinating area.
Departing at 8am and 1pm, this tour provides a wonderful opportunity to explore the Shotover River Canyon and Skippers region up to the 1879 Skippers School house.
Highlights of this half day include:
Dels guiding and his commentary
Opportunity to try gold-panning
Hells and Heavens Gates
Historic gold mining relics
Major Lord of the Rings locations
Engineering marvel Pinchers Bluff
Traversing Skippers Bridge (1901)
Skippers School (1879)
and much more..
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Guide with 30 years Skippers Canyon experience
- Private tour, there will be no other guests, just your party, your trip
- Private tour means we can be flexible to achieve what you want to do and...
- Transport by 4WD vehicle, no vans, no cars, no buses
- Modern 4WD vehicle, great leg room, comfortable leather seats, big viewing...
- Light refreshments (tea, coffee, chai latte, hot chocolate, and a...
- Queenstown local area Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour operates year round, rain, hail, snow, sun
- 4WD Expeditions holds AdventureMark® certification
- Entry/Admission - Skippers Canyon
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the 4WD Expeditions in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.