This full day off road expedition provides a wonderful opportunity to explore some of Queenstown’s best kept secrets, namely: The Department of Conservation Kopuwai Conservation area, including the Old Man and Old Woman Ranges. • Private groups (2 - 4 passengers per vehicle) • Total flexibility with tour • Photographers paradise • 3 - 5 hours of actual off road driving • Discrete • Full commentary and interpretation • Authentic New Zealand high country experience • Pickup time and location by arrangement • Delicious morning tea and lunch providedPLEASE NOTE : THIS IS A REAL 4WD EXPEDITION. Tracks are rough and bumpy. We cover a lot of distance during the tour on these rough tracks. This tour travels to extremely remote locations. This tour is NOT suitable for people that suffer from car travel sickness. For a less ‘extreme’ adventure we recommend our Skippers Canyon Half or Full Day adventures.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kopuwai Conservation Area, Symes Rd, Fruitlands 9392, New Zealand
Full day tour ex Queenstown featuring 2 historic Central Otago townships and the Kopuwai Conservation Area, a 20,000 ha stretch of land covering the Old Man and Old Woman Ranges, from 800m above sea level to 1,682m at the Obelisk/Kopuwai. With gold mining history, rare flora and fauna, distinctive schist rock tors and an exciting range of 4x4 tracks this tour is simply stunning.
The Kopuwai tour allows visitors to not only visit but to experience this remote and wild region first hand. A genuine New Zealand high country adventure away from mainstream tourism.
PLEASE NOTE : THIS IS A REAL 4WD EXPEDITION. Tracks are rough and bumpy. We cover a lot of distance during the tour on these rough tracks. This tour travels to extremely remote locations. This tour is NOT suitable for people that suffer from car travel sickness. For a less 'extreme' adventure we recommend our Skippers Canyon Half or Full Day adventures.
Duration: 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply (2 Adults)
- A maximum of 4 people per vehicle
- Please dress appropriately, with good footwear and jacket
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Guide with 30 years commercial off road driving experience
- Private tour, there will be no other clients, just your party, your trip
- Private tour means we can be flexible to achieve what you want to do and see
- Transport by 4WD vehicle, no vans, no cars, no buses
- Modern 4WD vehicle, great leg room, comfortable leather seats, big viewing windows
- Morning tea and lunch provided
- Queenstown local area Hotel pickup and drop-off （Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others, by prior arrangement only). We can meet and drop off clients in central Queenstown.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- PLEASE NOTE: This trip is a real 4WD expedition, the track is rough and we visit remote locations
- For a less 'extreme' adventure we recommend our Skippers Canyon Half or Full Day adventures.
- Entry/Admission - Kopuwai Conservation Area
- PLEASE NOTE: This trip is a real 4WD expedition, tracks are rough and we visit remote locations
- For a less extreme adventure we recommend our Skippers Canyon Half or Full Day adventures.
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up and drop off from the following :
- All Central Queenstown accommodation
- Central Queenstown township, outside the Station Building
NOTE : Pickups outside the central Queenstown area by prior arrangement only.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the 4WD Expeditions in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.