If time is limited and you are unable to spend the whole day walking the Tongariro Crossing, then the 4-hour Half Day Volcanic Explorer Guided Walk is for you. Enjoy the beautiful landscape of the Tongariro National Park with this half day tour.
When possible, we will start on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing track and head up to Soda Springs before returning to the start. At Soda Springs we give you the option to upgrade to the full day walk and join in with the full day guided party to complete the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
We will talk and show you all things relevant to Tongariro and New Zealand including recent and past eruptions, geology, flora and fauna discovery and settlement of NZ.
These are the most popular Tongariro sites we choose from and include in the 4 hours: Lake Rotopounamu, Taranaki Falls, Silica Rapids, Soda Springs, Pukeonake, Whakapapanui River, Tawhai falls, Meads Wall.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adrift Tongariro, 53 Carroll Street Tongariro National Park, National Park Village 3948 New Zealand
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre (Whakapapa Visitor Centre), State Highway 48, Whakapapa, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
Tongariro National Park
Duration: 5 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour to operate. We take all individual and group bookings. If you are travelling alone please book as we generally always meet minimum numbers, especially on good weather days.
- Water, outdoor shoes with grip, long walking pants, 2 x warm tops and a raincoat.
- Adrift Tongariro has available for hire equipment, footwear and clothing to supplement that which you don’t have and need including boots, socks, thermal longs, fleece longs, waterproof pants, thermal tops, fleece tops, waterproof tops, warm gloves, warm hats, sun hats, sunglasses, backpacks, walking poles and sleeping bags and liners.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Professional guide
- Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the activity
- $40 of clothing and footwear hire (boots $20, clothing $10, socks, gloves, hats, sunglasses $5 each)
- All mountain equipment required (including crampons and ice axes during winter)
- Food and drinks
- Return transfers from Whakapapa Village are available at an additional cost to the tour booking
- Adrift has all equipment, boots and clothing for hire for your safety and comfort on the day
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adrift Tongariro in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.