This fantastic evening option is ideally suited for tour groups and individuals to maximize an allocated travel day to or from Tongariro National Park. This walk is also great for those who would like to experience the volcanic terrain but are not keen on the more strenuous full day treks while experiencing Tongariro National Park at this stunning time of day. The sunset tour is easy 2 hours in amongst the Tongariro Volcanoes. We pick and chose the exact route to suit the level of ability for the group.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adrift Tongariro, 53 Carroll Street Tongariro National Park, National Park Village 3948 New Zealand
This fantastic evening option is ideally suited for tour groups and individuals to maximise a travel day to or from Tongariro National Park. This walk is also great for those who would like to experience the volcanic terrain but have limited time or fitness for the more strenuous full day treks. This is a superb way of experiencing the Tongariro National Park and enjoying this stunning time of day. The sunset tour is an easy 2 hours in amongst the Tongariro Volcanoes. We pick and choose the exact route to suit the level of ability for the group for example, if walking on a pathless track is too difficult, we can change the route to something easier.
The route is selected from one of the following:
We walk for approximately 60 – 80 minutes before selecting the ideal spot to enjoy a glass of New Zealand bubbles as we watch the sunset. The preferred route is the Taranaki Falls loop track, other route options are a return trip starting on the world famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing track, return route out to sunset ridge or Meads Wall. Your guide will talk about the area with their local knowledge of geology, volcanology and New Zealand cultural history. A memorable way to see the National Park with sunset lighting up a majestic Alpine setting.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour to operate.
- Minimum age is 10 years
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Outdoor shoes with grip, walking longs, 2 warm tops and raincoat
- Departure times will be advised in accordance with the changing sunset times
- Most travelers can participate
- Our preferred route is the Taranaki Falls loop track. This starts in the Whakapapa Village and we ask clients to meet us at the Whakapapa Information Center. If you are unable to get to the Whakapapa information center then we can make arrangements to meet at the Adrift Tongariro base
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Professional guide
- A glass of NZ sparkling wine
- All mountain equipment required
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- There is a shop which has all equipment, boots, and clothing for hire to supplement that which you don’t have that the team deems necessary to ensure that you are safe and comfortable with the weather and environment for the day. There is a $40 free allowance for clothing and boots. Boots are $15, all clothing is $10 per item.
- Transport from Taupo, Turangi, Ohakune, National Park & Whakapapa Villages available at a surcharge
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adrift Tongariro in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.