The 30 min drive up to the climbing area will take you through some of Christchurch’s most affluent suburbs, affording uninterrupted views from the Pacific Ocean to the Southern Alps in the west. Our climbing areas are scattered across the summit of an enormous extinct volcano that formed Banks Penninsula and Lyttelton Harbour. With over 2000 established climbing routes, Christchurch is one of the largest and most popular climbing areas in New Zealand.
Your guide will set up the ropes and give you a safety briefing and belay lesson before you start your first climb. Once you’re feeling confident with the climbing systems your guide will review the abilities of the group and continue to set up some climbs that will be challenging, achievable and safe for the group.
What You'll Get
Spend a day rock climbing on the Port Hills at one of Christchurch’s most spectacular climbing areas. If you’re completely new to climbing and just want to give it a go or, a seasoned climber looking for some local tips this is the trip for you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Use of Climbing & safety equeptment
Princess Margaret Hospital, Canterbury 8022, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
- The Lyttelton Harbour Information Centre, 20 Oxford Street, Lyttelton 8082, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventure by Nature in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.