Morning - Castle Hill/Kura Tawhiti
Castle Hill/Kura Tawhiti is an amazing labyrinth of giant limestone boulders. The area is rich with cultural and recreational significance and has been granted Tōpuni status “A symbolic cloak of protection”.
Your guide will show you around, if you like you can have a go at bouldering and test your climbing skills, or use your time here to explore the endless maze of boulders. We stop here for lunch at Castle Hill.
Afternoon - Cave Stream
It will take us approximately 45mins to make our way through the 594 meters of the limestone cave. Our route follows the crystal-clear water through the winding chambers and small waterfalls.
Not interested in caving? Nom problem your welcome to explore the paths and trails in the area or sit and relax with some afternoon tea in this very peaceful landscape instead of going through the cave.
What You'll Get
You will be picked up from your accommodation or from our meeting point outside the Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Ave, Christchurch.
We start our adventure by traveling west towards the mountains across the flat farmland of the Canterbury Plains. We make a stop after 45mins at the “The famous Sheffield Pie Shop” (Lunch is provided but you might like to sample a classic Kiwi pie) before continuing our journey to Castle Hill/Kura Tawhiti.
• Castle Hill, Castle Hill, Canterbury Region, South Island
• Cave Stream Scenic Reserve, State Highway 73, Castle Hill New Zealand
• Kura Tawhiti Conservation Area, Castle Hill, 7580 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Use of caving equeptment including head torch, helmet and safety belt
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
Darfield Bakery, 60 South Terrace, Darfield 7510, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
We also have a pick-up point at the Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Ave, in the city center.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventure by Nature in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.