Auckland Waterfront Privately Guided Bike Tour
Our most popular guided bike tour, the route starts in the heart of Auckland City and heads east past Queens Wharf, Ports of Auckland, Okahu Bay and Michael Joseph Savage Memorial before arriving at the beautiful golden sands of Mission Bay.
Enjoy a delicious ice-cream or barista made coffee on the beach, before pedalling back to the city.
This is a privately guided tour with full commentary and plenty of stops along the way. Suitable for all ages and abilities, the route is completely flat (with one optional hill climb for commanding views across the Hauraki Gulf) and follows dedicated cycle lanes the entire way.
What You'll Get
This 3-hr private tour departs from our base in Auckland City in the morning or afternoon. We highly recommend morning departure for this tour (the cycle lanes and shared spaces are generally quieter in the mornings, particularly on weekdays).
9.15am - meet your private guide at our Auckland city base, located at Unit D, 80 Wyndham Street. Only 5-10mins walk from all the major inner city hotels and public transport hubs. Changing rooms, toilets and luggage storage available.
9.30am - tour commences with safety briefing and gear fittings (bike and helmet).
9.45am - riding begins in earnest, heading in to the Viaduct Basin and along to Queens Wharf.
10am - we head towards Mission Bay, stopping several times for local stories and views. Public bathrooms are available as various points on the way.
11.15am - light refreshments can be enjoyed on the beach (participants own cost) or simply enjoy the beautiful views and surrounding park.
11.45am - return journey begins with several more stops including an optional hill climb - easily walked if necessary. Commanding views across the Hauraki Gulf.
12.30pm - arrive back at our base in Wyndham Street. Farewells. Souvenir cycle jerseys available for enthusiasts to purchase!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking for an additional NZ$10 - payable in-store before tour departs
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking so we can allocate the right size bike to you and your companions
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Local taxes
- Personal expenses
- Hotel or port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventure Capital in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.