Your own day, Your own pace -
Experience New Zealand's best 1 day walk . A guided hiking / walking tour through 19.4km of alpine / volcanic terrain. Take in breathtaking views, see ancient lava flows, steaming volcanic vents, shimmering emerald lakes. At 1887 mtrs high you will see Lake Taupo to the north and Mt Taranaki to the west. Enjoy the stunning scenes whilst hearing stories of our rich history & cultural significance of our special land. You will learn values and traditions of our local people.
Distance is 19.4km, time 8-9 hours, Highest point is 1887m
Get excited this truly is a once in a life time experience!
Half Day or Full Day Hiking Tours of Tongariro are also an option, Red Crater Return trips, Mangatepopo Valley Highlights etc.
Talk to us to customize a tour for you.
What You'll Get
Experience one of New Zealand's best one day walks.
A guided hiking tour through 19.4km of alpine / volcanic terrain around Mt Ngauruhoe and Mt Tongariro..
Take in breathtaking views See old lava flows, Steaming volcanic vents, shimmering volcanic Emerald Lakes. From Red Crater @1887 metres above sea level, you will see Lake Taupo to the north and Mt Taranaki to the west.
New Zealand outdoors at its finest.
• Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Off State Highway 48 Mangatepopo Valley, Whakapapa Village, Tongariro National Park New Zealand
• Mount Ngauruhoe, Tongariro National Park, Turangi New Zealand
• Tongariro Northern Circuit, Ngauruhoe Terrace, Tongariro National Park 3989 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- We will provide boots, warm clothing and backpacks if you don't have your own.
- Private transportation
60 Carroll St, National Park 3989, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Please call us the day before your tour to confirm pick up time. Departure time varies to suit your travel itinerary and the weather. We do recommend early starts to get ahead of the crowds and to avoid hiking the uphills during the heat of the day.
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/19/2019 - 11/8/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 09:00 AM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventure Outdoors Tongariro NZ in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.