Experience New Zealand's natural beauty up-close and first-hand on a guided walk through the Puketi rainforest. Walk among towering kauri trees, see rare bird and plant species, and stroll beside thundering waterfalls. Led by an experienced local guide, and with tour numbers limited to six people, enjoy a personalized experience on this rainforest walk, with a choice of half-day, full-day and night-time walks.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puketi Forest 0476, New Zealand
Start your rainforest adventure at Okaihau, and join your knowledgeable local guide on a walk through the Puketi forest. Gain fascinating insights into New Zealand's subtropical flora and fauna as you walk among towering kauri trees, the world’s second largest tree, found only in the country’s North Island.
On the half-day and full-day walks, keep an eye out for the rainforest's rare endemic birds and subtropical plant species, as your walk takes you beside rivers and waterfalls in full flow. Hear Maori legends and stories from European colonial history, and enjoy views of valleys filled with ancient trees, including two of the largest kauri in New Zealand.
See conservation at work, and find out how the forest evolved from young, to mature and established trees. Learn some of the trees' natives names and understand the ecology and mystery behind the kauri tree.
On the exciting two- to three-hour night-time walk, watch as the forest comes alive as daylight turns to evening. Listen as bird calls change from day to night, see bats flying overhead and feeding on insects, and keep a lookout for the rare nocturnal kiwi bird, New Zealand's national symbol.
Stop for refreshments on the three-hour morning and afternoon guided walks, and also enjoy lunch if you select the five-hour full-day tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (Full day tour if option selected)
- Medium fitness level required on half day walk, higher level of fitness required on full day walk.
- Please bring good walking shoes, sunscreen, hat and day pack.
- NIGHT WALK - Depart times vary, please confirm at time of booking.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Bottled water
- Morning and /or afternoon tea (If day tour options selected)
- Lunch(If full day tour option selected)
- Professional guide
- Head lamp for night walk
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventure Puketi in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.