Enjoy an unforgettable flight to White Island with a crater landing and tour. Fly from Tauranga to White Island. Then land and take a tour of the crater of New Zealand's most active volcano. See steaming and hissing vents, sulphur formations, and the crater lake.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: White Island Volcano, White Island, Tauranga New Zealand
Whakaari / White Island is an active andesite stratovolcano, situated 90 km from Tauranga, New Zealand, in the Bay of Plenty. It is New Zealand's most active cone volcano, and has been built up by continuous volcanic activity over the past 150,000 years
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not available for children under the age of 8 years and less than 20 kgs
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Flights require a minimum of 2 passengers to be confirmed. If wanting to book for 1 person we will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers. You will need to contact Aerius Helicopters for availability if booking for 1 person
- If booking within 24 hours of departure please phone for availability. Bookings within this time cannot be made online
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- In accordance with CAA rules and regulations, we require all passengers to inform us of their accurate weight before any flight. For the purpose of aircraft weight, balance and safety, the maximum weight allowed per seat is 130kgs (286lbs)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Our pilots will make a decision in regards to weather conditions on the day of your booked flight. If the weather conditions are not suitable for flying, we will contact you to reschedule your booking or provide a full refund.
- All flights are subject to weather and weight restrictions. If the pilot has any concerns, flights may be altered at their discretion.
- If you would like to be picked up from your hotel or cruise ship terminal instead of meeting at the meeting point, please advise your hotel information in the 'Special Requirements' section at time of booking so the supplier can arrange this with you.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (if advised at time of booking)
- Entry/Admission - White Island Volcano
- Bottled water
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Aerius Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.