Take the scenic route back to Queenstown from Milford Sound with Air Milford, on this one-way 35-minute flight. Admire spectacular views of natural wonders such as the Southern Alps, Sutherland Falls, and the Fiordland National Park from above, then touchdown at Queenstown airport, where a driver will be waiting to take you to your hotel.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Milford Sound Airport, Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
Meet your pilot, to board your 35 minuet scenic flight to Queenstown.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Milford Sound, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park 9679 New Zealand
The scenic flight begins by climbing up through the fiord, taking in stunning views of Milford Sound from above.
Pass By: Mitre Peak, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
View the highest peak in Milford Sound, Mitre Peak. It impressively rises directly out of the water of the fiord, to it's summit at 5,560ft / 1,690 meters, which is just over a mile of vertical gain!
Pass By: Bowen Falls, Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound 9679 New Zealand
Just after take-off, view the Bowen Falls, it is one of Milford Sound's two permanent waterfalls and at 530ft / 162 meters, is Milford's highest waterfall.
After rainfall, there are hundreds of waterfalls to be viewed in the fiord!
Pass By: Sutherland Falls, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
After leaving Milford Sound, the flight path first takes in another view of the fiord, before tracing south, down the Arthur valley. At the head of this valley, the Sutherland Falls can be viewed, this is New Zealand's highest waterfall, falling impressively 1,900ft / 580 meters to the valley floor below.
Pass By: Lake Te Anau, Te Anau, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
The flight path then begins to track east over the Southern Alps and towards Queenstown. New Zealand's second largest lake, lake Te Anau can be viewed stretching out to the south.
Pass By: Greenstone and Caples Tracks, Greenstone Station Road, Greenstone and Caples Conservation Area, Queenstown New Zealand
After crossing the main divide of the Southern Alps and taking in stunning views of small alpine lakes and jagged snow capped mountains, the route then traverses the densely forested Greenstone and Caples valleys.
Pass By: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
After emerging from the Greenstone valley, fly over Lake Wakatipu. Lake Wakatipu is New Zealand's longest lake at 46 miles / 75 kms, it is also incredibly deep, up to 1,250ft / 380 meters at some points! Queenstown is nestled on the lake's shores, so some great views of the town are enjoyed before landing.
Pass By: Walter Peak Station Wharf, Beach Bay, Walter Peak 9793, New Zealand
View the Walter Peak high country station, which is one of New Zealand's largest merino sheep farms.
Stop At: Air Milford, 3 Tex Smith Ln, Frankton, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
View the Remarkable mountain range and Queenstown, before landing at the Air Milford base, Queenstown airport, for your drop-off to your accommodation.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given a full refund
- Due to the weather dependent nature of the flight, it is imperative that you have a back up plan in mind if your return date is not flexible
- Do not forget to bring a jacket and your camera
- Infant rates apply for 0 - 1 years of age, when the infant is sat on a parents lap, with an infant lap belt
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Full pre-flight briefing
- Hotel and Airport drop-off (centrally located hotels)
- Live Air Milford pilot commentary on board
- One way transport only, does not include transportation from Queenstown into Milford Sound
Queenstown, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Air Milford in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.