Board your air-conditioned coach at the Akaroa Wharf and travel through Takamatua, Robinsons Bay, Duvauchelles and Barry's Bay. Enjoy cheese tasting at Barry's Bay Cheese Factory, before embarking on the ride up the hill to the Hill Top Tavern where you are welcome to purchase refreshments and snap photos of the breathtaking views of Akarao. Your tour coach driver will provide a full commentary on this two-hour tour.
What You'll Get
This tour is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers with a desire for a short local tour, allowing free time to enjoy optional activities in Akaroa, shopping, wine and food.
On your arrival into Akaroa, please report to the Akaroa French Connection kiosk to receive your boarding pass. Then simply board your tour coach and prepare for a journey of a lifetime. Sit back, relax, and experience the magical wonders of Akaroa.
Your coach captain will provide an informative commentary of the local history of Akaroa as you depart and travel through Takamatua, Robinson’s Bay, Davauchelles and Barry’s Bay. Travel up the hill to the Hill Top Tavern and cast your eyes over the picturesque views of Akaroa.
Travel the renowned Summit Road around to Pigeon Bay Road with photo stops en-route as required (at least two).
• 11.30am depart Akaroa Wharf
• 1st stop – Barry’s Bay Cheese Factory – Approximately 20 minutes - enjoy a selection of traditional hand crafted cheeses from this award winning privately owned business.
• 2nd stop – Hill Top Tavern – Approximately 20-30 minutes – an opportunity to purchase refreshments and snap photos of the panoramic views.
• 1:30pm – Arrival at Akaroa Wharf – free time to enjoy local refreshments and activities before boarding your cruise ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Live commentary on board
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Coach will be parked at the entrance to the Akaroa Main Wharf, Coach will be well sign written and your driver will be wearing a uniform with the appropriate logo. Please report to the Akaroa French Connection stand at the entrance to the wharf to obtain your boarding pass.
Return point: Returns to original departure point
Akaroa Wharf, 79 Beach Rd Akaroa 7520 New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Akaroa French connection in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.