Lake Alta Hike is the perfect half day hike in Queenstown! Lake Alta is a glacial lake tucked up in the Remarkables mountain range and is the perfect destination for a breath-taking half-day hike featuring dramatic views overlooking Queenstown. We begin by driving up to the Remarkables ski field which gives us a head start before we make our way up to Shadow Basin through alpine herb fields, we then traverse across the ridge line which has spectacular views across the valley before we drop down to Lake Alta.
What You'll Get
I'll meet you in the lobby of your Hotel at 9am, the vehicle will take care of the majority of the elevation gain for us today so we can take our time to enjoy the last part of the climb up to the Remarkables ridge for stunning panoramic views overlooking Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown.
We’ll begin our walk at the Remarkables ski field car park located at 1600m, about a 40-minute drive from Queenstown, which gives us a substantial head start for our hike.
From here, it’s a steady climb up to Shadow Basin at 1900m. We’ll then traverse across the ridge line and drop down to Lake Alta for some amazing photos of this mountain lake and the great Scenery over looking Queenstown. We will enjoy a gourmet picnic before heading back down to Queenstown and I'll have you back at your hotel about 1.30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress Code: sturdy hiking boots, a light rain jacket, change of clothes, water bottle, warm hat, sun hat, gloves, sunglasses
- Any personal medication you need and camera
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative hike or tour
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hiking poles (if required)
Your Hotel or Lodge in Queenstown
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alpine Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.