Marvel at the natural wonders of Milford Sound on this full day Heli Tour from Queenstown with a boat cruise on Milford Sound!
This multi-stop Milford Sound, Glaciers and Waterfalls heli tour is an unforgettable way to experience the must-see highlights including a boat cruise on Milford Sound.
Get whisked away by helicopter, soar over the Fiordland National Park on a thrilling helicopter flight to Milford Sound, get up close to seals and dolphins on a Milford Sound nature boat cruise.
Followed by a snow landing on the peak of Mt Tutoko and then experience an unforgettable picnic and stunning photo opportunity below the waterfalls and hanging glaciers of the Earnslaw Burn Middle Earth waterfalls, one of the most magical locations featured in 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' before flying back to Queenstown over the Richardson Mountain range.
What You'll Get
Your tour begins with a 7.30 am pickup from your Queenstown hotel and a short transfer to the helipad. After meeting your pilot and listening to the safety briefing, jump aboard and take off over the city towards Milford Sound.
Soar over the rainforest covered valleys and glittering lakes of the Fiordland National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and enjoy dramatic bird's eye views from your aerial vantage point. Make the first of your three landings on a glacier before flying on to Milford Sound to board your 2 hour Nature Boat Cruise.
Traveling on board a small group boat, cruise along the glacial waters, past tumbling waterfalls and the looming mountain of Mitre Peak. Along the way, look out for seals, dolphins, and (depending on the season) rare Fiordland crested penguins.
Back on dry land, hop back on the helicopter and continue to your third destination - Earnslaw Burn, a magical spot that was used as a filming location in 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey'. If you’re a Tolkien fan, you can walk in the footsteps of Bilbo and his company of dwarves under the waterfalls of Middle Earth (seen when they depart Rivendell to continue their quest), but if you haven't seen the film, you are sure to be impressed by the hanging glaciers, plunging waterfalls and rolling tussock fields. It's the perfect spot for a picnic with wine, beer or juice before climbing back on the helicopter for the return flight to Queenstown.
On arrival in Queenstown around 3 pm, a driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
Helicopter can accommodate 2 to 6 people (subject to weights for the 6th person as it is in one helicopter).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum of 2 adults per booking
- Maximum of 6 people per booking (subject to weights)
- Infants 3 years and under are free of charge but must sit on the parents lap
- Children rates are from 4 to 12 years old
- Operates in most weather conditions, please wear closed-toe shoes and bring a warm waterproof layer.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking for helicopter
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Round-trip helicopter flight from Queenstown with 3 landings
- Scenic Milford Sound Boat Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (central Queenstown)
- Picnic Lunch with wine, beer or juice
- Local taxes
7 hours 30 minutes
Your Queenstown Hotel
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alpine Luxury Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.