Glenorchy is nestled on the northern shores of Lake Wakatipu & is the home to what many say is NZ’s best hidden scenery and not to mention middle‑earth magic. Start the tour off with pick up from Central Queenstown and travel in style in our luxury Mercedes vans on one of the top 10 most scenic roads in the world to Glenorchy. This rustic town is a true outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Set against a background of native beech forest and towering mountain ranges, Glenorchy’s surrounds are nothing short of awe-inspiring. Whether you’re a Lord of The Rings fan or just want to check out the stunning scenery Glenorchy has to offer on this tour is not to be missed.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
Travel from Queenstown to Glenorchy on one of the top 10 most scenic roads in the world. Stopping off at Lord of The Rings film locations and Bennetts Bluff for spectacular Lake Wakatipu vistas with a mountain back drop.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy Wharf, 4 Islay St, Glenorchy 9372, New Zealand
Visit Glenorchy's iconic red boat shed and take a walk along the wharf taking in the views.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Glenorchy-Paradise Road, Glenorchy-Paradise Rd, Otago, New Zealand
Explore Paradise, Diamond Lake and Lord of The Rings film locations. Enjoy a Kiwi style morning or afternoon tea out in paradise.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Complimentary WiFi
- Bottled water
- Kiwi morning or afternoon tea
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Complimentary central Queenstown transfers
- Coffee and/or Tea
- On board Kiwi music (download our Spotify playlist!)
- Complimentary NZ Greenstone
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Altitude Tours Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.