Waiheke Island has become known as New Zealand’s ‘Island of Wine’ home to a dedicated group of award-winning winegrowers. Travel in a comfortable minibus to three or more of the top vineyards on the island for wine tasting, and enjoy a commentated scenic tour of Waiheke from one of our experienced guides, all of whom are locals with extensive knowledge of the island, its people and its produce.
What You'll Get
Ananda, Sanskirt meaning ‘bliss, pleasure and happiness’, provide personalised inspirational tours highlighting the very best of Waiheke.
Our close relationships with local providers and highly-knowledgeable local guides ensure that visitors to the island have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Discover for yourself why Waiheke is world-renowned for its wines. Visit three of the Island's fine vineyards with one of our local guides, all of whom have completed a Bob Campbell Diploma course and are wine enthusiasts themselves.
Vineyards will be chosen according to seasonal availability.
Your guide will pick you up from the Fullers ferry ex-Auckland, or, if you are staying on the Island, from your accommodation (please contact us for a pick up time)
On the way, stunning scenery is around every corner, and you will be entertained by your guide’s commentary on the history, geography, culture, people and produce of Waiheke. The tour includes a two-hour lunch stop at a village or beachside café, or, for a memorable gourmet experience, at one of our top vineyard restaurants. Lunch is at your own expense on the day. If you have somewhere inparticular in mind, please let us know at the time of booking, otherwise we will book you into one of our favorites.
After lunch you will be be returned to your accommodation or to the ferry back to Auckland.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum numbers apply ( 2 people) There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Tours may be cancelled if ferries are not running due to exteme weather. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Wine tastings
- Transport by air-conditioned mini coach
- Waiheke Acommodation Pick-up and Drop off
- Scenic tour including scenic look-outs and beaches
- Lunch - Cost of lunch is included from the 1st July 2019. Prior to this date lunch is at your own expense.
- Lunch (up until the 30th June 2019. After this date lunch is included in the price)
- Ferry tickets
Downtown Ferry Building -Fullers Ferries
5 hours 30 minutes
Your guide will drop you off at Matiatia wharf in time to catch the 4pm ferry back to Auckland (sometimes 4.30 pm in the summer), however if you wish to stay on the Island longer please let your guide know and they can drop you off in Oneroa Village if prefered.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ananda Tours Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.