One of the most popular scenic flights out of Wanaka, the Aspiring and Glaciers flight affords stunning views across the Southern Alps and the icon of the Mt Aspiring National Park. Take-off from the Matukituki Valley at the gateway to the National Park. Cross the tussock covered hillsides and rise above the snow capped peaks of the alps. This flight includes two 10min alpine landings and spectacular sights of the blue ice and crevasses of the Bonar Glacier.
What You'll Get
Your flight will take-off from our base (address provided on voucher). Take a scenic 25-minute drive from Wanaka Township to the base and check-in at the hangar at least 15 minutes prior to your flight time. Flight times are flexible, operating on demand between 8am and 4pm.
Take-off and enjoy the scenic flight from the base in Matukituki Valley above tussock covered slopes to the rugged snow-capped peaks at the border of the Mt Aspiring National Park. Land on a snow covered peak and enjoy the opportunity to touch snow year round with this scenic flight.
Your pilot will provide detailed commentary of the area during your flight on our two-way headsets. With the hangar based at the start of the Matukituki Valley your 'scenic' flight time is maximized over remote back-country.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to confirm departure
- Subject to suitable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Passengers will be weighed on arrival to ensure comfort on the aircraft as well as balance of the aircraft
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Live commentary on board
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Based at Cattle Flat, located at the entrance to the Matukituki Valley on the edge of the Mount Aspiring National Park.
Return to same departure location.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Aspiring Helicopters Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.