When your cruise ship docks in Auckland, there’s no better way to explore New Zealand’s largest city at your own pace than the Explorer Bus hop on hop off shore excursion. Discover the best things to see in Auckland with flexibility and ease; from Devonport to Parnell Village and the Auckland Waterfront. Visit Auckland’s top attractions on two different tour routes, each of which takes approximately 1 hour to complete. You are free to hop on hop off whenever you like!
Accompanied by an audio commentary in 8 languages, and a complimentary return ferry ride from downtown, Explorer Bus Auckland is the best way to discover New Zealand’s largest city if you have limited time.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Auckland Explorer Bus, Auckland Central, Auckland 1061 New Zealand
Join one of the best sightseeing buses in New Zealand when your cruise ships docks in Auckland; complete with air-conditioning, a modern glass roof and complimentary return ferry ride from downtown Auckland.
With a 24-hour hop on hop off shore excursion ticket from Explorer Bus, you’ll have the opportunity to discover Auckland city at your own pace; from the seaside village of Devonport to fashionable shopping districts in Ponsonby and Parnell Village and the tree lined streets of Auckland Waterfront.
A double decker bus departs every 15 minutes* in summer and visits Auckland Museum, Sky City, Parnell Village, Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium, Auckland waterfront, Mount Eden, St Lukes Shopping Mall, Auckland Zoo and many more of the best things to see in Auckland. The first Explorer Bus departs from the Waterfront stop at 9am, with the last bus returning at 5pm.
An entertaining commentary is available in English with translated information sheets available in French, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese and German. Combine your Explorer Bus pass with an attraction combo and save! See the options available.
*Single and double decker buses operate. Frequency every 20 minutes 1st April – 30th April and every 30 minutes 1st May – Nov 30th.
Auckland Hop-on Hop-off Tour stops (Red Route):
• Philips Corner/Princes Wharf
• Bastion Point Lookout - Short walk to Mission Bay Beach and offers views of Hauraki Gulf and Waitemata Harbour
• Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium - Home to an extensive display of aquatic life and the largest penguin colony in captivity
• Parnell Rose Gardens - Visit between October and April to see the blooms at their best!
• Holy Trinity Cathedral - A place of worship, learning, art and architecture
• Auckland Museum - Three expansive levels house the history of New Zealand within its walls
• Parnell Village - Oldest suburb in New Zealand with great galleries, cafes, restaurants and charming boutique-style stores
• Civic Theater Corner - The main street of downtown Auckland and a short walk to the Auckland Art Gallery
• Sky City and Sky Tower - See the city from a vantage point of 630 feet (192 meters) above street level, sky walk around the tower or sky jump if you dare!
Auckland Explorer Bus stops (Blue Route):
• Winter Gardens - Beautiful glasshouses filled with exotic plants and flowers
• Eden Gardens - Described as New Zealand's best kept secret, this garden is a delightful mix of art and craft gardening
• Mt Eden - Auckland's highest point with great views overlooking the city and harbor
• St Luke's Westfield Shopping Center - Auckland's largest shopping mall
• Auckland Zoo - The largest collection of native and exotic animals in New Zealand
• Museum of Transport and Technology - Take an interactive journey and see how technology has shaped New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Infants aged 3 years and under are free of charge. Child prices are applicable for children aged 4 - 15 years
- Timetables in Chinese, French, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese and German
- Hop-on hop-off tour Enlight commentary on board Free onboard WiFi Round-trip ferry GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Not covered by Viator's worry-free policy
Queens Wharf, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
If your ship comes in to Princes Wharf when disembarking the ship, exit the terminal and walk down Princes Wharf to the main road which is Quay St. You will see the big ‘Philips’ sign on the building on the corner, this is where the bus stop is. If your ship comes into Queens Wharf then walk off the wharf to Quay St, turn right and you will see the ‘Philips’ sign on the corner approx. 250m away.
- Philips Corner/Princes Wharf
- Queens Wharf
Buses depart every 30 minutes from 9am until 4pm
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Auckland Explorer Bus in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.