Come explore the landmark of the Auckland region and see Auckland city from another perspective. You kayak across the Waitemata harbour, meaning ‘sparkling waters’, where you may see wildlife such as Little Blue Penguins and Cooks Petrels. On arrival at Rangitoto Island, which is the largest and youngest of Auckland’s volcanoes, you will start the leisurely 1 hour walk to the summit. Walking up the pohutukawa-cloaked island gives you the chance to explore the baked scoria rocks which support over 200 different native trees and flowering plants. Upon reaching the top you will be treated to the finest 360 degree views that the Auckland region has to offer.
What You'll Get
We offer a free pick up and drop off from central Auckland if required (Auckland Ferry Building). After a short 10 min drive to our launch location at St Heliers beach we provide a full safety and kayak briefing before paddling across the stunning Waitemata harbor.
On arrival at Rangitoto Island, which is the largest and youngest of Auckland's volcanoes, you will start the leisurely 1hr walk to the summit. Walking up the pohutukawa-cloaked island gives you the chance to explore the baked scoria rocks which support over 200 different native trees and flowering plants. Upon reaching the top you will be treated to the finest 360 degree views that the Auckland region has to offer.
At the return to the water's edge, a healthy hearty kiwi lunch will be awaiting you, with cold and hot drinks to match! If time permits, you might even enjoy a refreshing dip in the sea before the gear is packed back into the kayak to head home.
As you kayak back south, perhaps with the help of a sail, you arrive back safely at St Heliers Bay. An exciting, action-packed and educative day for all!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please inform us if you require a pick up from the Pier 1 taxi stand at the Auckland Ferry Building, if we do not hear from you we will meet you at our launch location at the St Heliers Bay central boat ramp, 384 Tamaki Drive, Auckland.
- Check your gear and help keep islands Hauraki Gulf pest-free.Protect our wildlife
- Check - your gear for pests such as rodents and insects
- Clean - footwear and gear, removing soil and seeds
- Seal - ensure your gear is zipped up (no open bags)
- Check your gear for pests
- Before you leave the mainland, check and clean your gear.
- Check that your gear is free of rats, mice, ants and skinks - especially camping gear which has ideal places for them to hide when stored.
- Take extra care to clean gear if you have Argentine ants or plague skinks where you live.
- Clean clothing, footwear and camping gear, removing soil and seeds before and after each trip.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Fully catered with BBQ lunch
- Small friendly groups
- Suitable for people with littler or no kayaking experience
- Top quality sea kayak equipment
- Experienced guides
- Over 20 years of kayaking knowledge
- Coffee and/or Tea
6 hours 30 minutes
Drop off back at ferry building
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Auckland Sea Kayaks in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.