Your opportunity to experience Auckland's original rainforest, waterfalls, black sand beach, restaurant lunch & 4 winery wine-tasting day tour, perfect if you don't have time in your schedule for separate activities!
Enjoy a fantastic day combining our spectacular sub-tropical rainforest, the Tasman Sea, Karekare volcanic iron-sand beach & waterfalls followed by wine tasting and a winery restaurant lunch then an indulgent afternoon tasting at three more family owned wineries in the Kumeu wine region, four wineries in total. Lunch and all tastings are included, no hidden extras to pay.
What You'll Get
We pick you up at your Auckland City accommodation around 9.30ish and head out to the amazing Waitakere Ranges covered in lush sub-tropical rainforest and sitting on the wild West Coast, Tasman Sea. On the way we take in the Arataki Visitor Center where the park rangers manage the Waitakere Regional Park. Amazing views over the forest canopy and loads of information about Maori and European settlement of the area. A short drive then to magical Karekare where we take a 15 minute walk to the magnetic, volcanic, black iron-sand beach and surf followed by a close up look at the two sets of waterfalls. You'll see native Kauri, Rimu & Pohutokawa trees, Manuka (honey) bush, Nikau palms and Punga 'Silver Fern' trees.
Next a visit to a hilltop lookout point where it's possible on most days to see both sides of the country in an amazing 360 deg' panorama.
After all that fresh air & exercise next stop is lunch. Time to sit, relax & enjoy your 'open menu main course' lunch (included) along with wine tasting at a small, family run, award wining winery restaurant.
In the afternoon sample your choice of gold medal and trophy winning wines on a personalised wine tasting tour of an interesting mix of three family owned & operated winery/vineyards.
Because we don't all like the same wines this tour does not always visit the same wineries in the afternoon. We do our best to use our nearly 20 years of experience to select these wineries based on your tastes and interests.
We drop you at your hotel around 5.00ish...
Please note this tour involves approx' 40 minutes beach & track walking suitable for people with an average fitness level.
Please wear comfortable shoes or sandals and appropriate clothes for the weather on the day, 'layers' is a good idea. Sun block and hat are a must in summer.
Auckland Wine Trail Tours is an official Auckland Regional Parks Approved Operator.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years, please have passport as ID if you look under 25
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian options available
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, estimated docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off main city area
- Driver/guide, local
- Small-group tour, max' 9 guests
- Lunch, open menu, main course
- Wine tasting at four family run wineries
- Alcoholic Beverages
Traveler pickup is offered
Please confirm your pick up point with your booking
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Your Auckland central city accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Auckland Wine Trail Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.