Explore the ‘City of Sails’ waterfront on a private 3-hour Auckland walking tour. Discover North Wharf, coastal art, the Fish Market and picture-perfect views of the Shore, Harbour Bridge and Westhaven Marina. Enjoy a selection of Kiwi-style seafood at a waterfront restaurant and soak up the views from your reserved table. This PRIVATE tour is BY REQUEST ONLY and is wheelchair accessible. The tour runs in summer from November to April. Highlights • Discover Auckland’s waterfront with a top-rated local guide on your own private walking tour. • Admire views of the city skyline, harbor bridge, North Shore and Marina • Learn about Maori and European settler history • Visit the City Fish Market • Enjoy New Zealand-style seafood at a popular waterfront bistro
What You'll Get
Your small-group tour starts downtown on historic Queen Street. Your local guide will lead you through the stylish Britomart precinct towards Auckland’s bustling wharves. Learn about the 'City of Sails' as you wander west towards the America’s Cup Viaduct, once a rustic fishing village and now a thriving restaurant hub.
Along the way, you'll hear how the city evolved from a Maori battleground and shabby colonial outpost into a water lover’s paradise and major Pacific port. Learn about the downtown reclamation and expansion plans for Auckland’s waterfront.
Enjoy local tales (and singing sculptures) as you stroll past little fishing boats bobbing beside super yachts. Watch fish being unloaded, dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean and soak up the best sights from a hidden viewing deck. Pause to take pictures of the cityscape, North Shore, Harbour Bridge, Silo Park and the Southern Hemisphere’s biggest Marina.
Work up an appetite as you walk through Auckland’s Fish Market and marvel at the fascinating array of seafood.
Your final destination is a popular North Wharf bistro for a feast of freshly cooked seafood and sides. Here you’ll sample the likes of dusted squid with aoli, prawns in garlic butter and Kiwi-style fish and chips. Mix and mingle with your entertaining local guide and exchange tips with your fellow guests.
The choice is then yours to linger in this stylish water-front quarter or take a leisurely stroll back into town.
This small-group tour is a ‘must do’ Auckland experience. Your guide blends Kiwi culture, history and cuisine with a scenic walk alongside one of the most beautiful harbors in the world.
Tour Highlights include: Local history. Downtown Auckland. Britomart Precinct. FlagStaff Rock. Queens Wharf. America’s Cup Viaduct. Wynyard Drawbridge. North Wharf. Coastal Art. Silo Park. Westhaven Marina. Harbour Bridge. Auckland Fish Market. Seafood tastings at a popular waterfront bistro.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Group size: . This private tour requires a minimum group size of 4 to proceed.
- Food: The selected waterfront bistro is a local favorite and can cater for gluten free diets. Please enquire on the day. The food tasting includes a selection of seafood to share. Refreshments (other than table water) are at additional cost.
- What to bring: Proof of booking, walking shoes, a sunhat, sunscreen, rain jacket and bottled water.
- Accessibility: A light level of fitness is required. The tour is around 2km long and is wheelchair or mobility scooter suitable.
- Weather: Tours proceed rain or shine. All part of the fun.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Local Aucklander as your guide
- 3 hour walking tour
- Seafood tastings platter at a popular waterfront bistro (A light lunch prior to 1pm departure is recommended)
- Private customisable tour
- Local Taxes
- Beverages other than table water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
8 Customs St E, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Jellicoe Street, North Wharf, Jellicoe St, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Aucky Walky Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.