Discover Auckland's downtown lanes and uptown vibes on this small-group walking tour. Your top-rated local guide will reveal the city's legends both Māori and European, must-see sights and popular eateries This experience includes refreshments at a classy hotel, a chocolate boutique tasting and a short ride uptown on the locals' bus. Here you'll explore a vibrant artistic neighborhood and a grand old arcade before wandering through a serene park back to town. Enjoy the wonders of Auckland in a morning!
The minimum booking is 2 people. This tour is limited to 8 people guaranteeing a more personal Kiwi encounter.
What You'll Get
Expect a local greeting in Maori from your expert guide, a friendly Aucklander. Your 2.5 hour morning tour sets off from downtown’s historic Queen Street. Along with your small group, you’ll leave the bustle behind and wander into laneways bursting with local art, boutiques and cafes.
A stroll through an outdoor plaza reveals a shopping oasis of Kiwi high fashion. A narrow alley where the sailors and traders once came ashore, brims with shady stories. As you walk you'll hear the Māori and colonial history of Auckland and discover its volcanic beginnings.
Your tour includes an indulgence or two including refreshments at a gorgeous art-deco hotel. Afterwards you'll emerge from the old town at the gateway of a past Maori fortress, now a serene city park. With a stunning view of Sky tower, you’ll learn about the World War Two secrets right under your feet. Pause and admire the award-winning Auckland Art Gallery, before hopping on the locals’ bus with your guide. For a short ride uptown to a vibrant artistic neighbourhood and one of the city's last heritage arcades.
A stroll down a tranquil valley bursting with birdsong is an unexpected delight in the heart of the city. Walking through the theatre precinct you may unexpectedly discover an actor rehersing. Each day in Auckland is a theatre of the street.
Your tour ends on upper Queen Street next to the Auckland Town Hall. Here your guide will bid you farewell or “Haere Ra” and offer advice on what to do next.
To lunch like a local, choose an optional upgrade. Finish your tour with a delicious lunch and a glass of New Zealand wine or beer at a popular city bistro. Your guide will escort you to the restaurant and bid you 'bon appetit'.
• Walk with a fun Kiwi guide
• Personal small group encounter
• Stylish back laneways
• Auckland's old town and history – Māori and colonial
• Discover Albert Park, Auckland Art gallery and Town Hall
• Refreshment break - barista coffee, tea or cold drink
• A bus ride to an uptown neighbourhood
• Auckland’s theatre district
• Add a cafe lunch as an optional extra
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Group size: We require a minimum of 2 walkers for a tour to proceed and booking cut off is 6pm the night prior.
- The tour is best suited to children 10+ as the route is not stroller friendly. Involves 3-4km of moderate-paced walking.
- Bring with you a proof of booking, walking shoes, a sunhat, sunscreen, rain jacket and bottled water.
- Accessibility - A light to reasonable level of fitness is required. The tour is around 3-4km long including a short uphill climb, flights of steps and a short bus ride. This tour is not suitable for wheelchairs or people on mobility scooters.
- Weather, Tours proceed rain or shine. All part of the fun.
- Route not wheelchair or mobility scooter friendly
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Local Aucklander as your guide
- Small group guarantee
- 3 hour walking tour uptown
- Refreshments (Coffee, tea or cold drink)
- Local bus fare
- Chocolate boutique tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
8 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departure point downtown an easy 10 minute walk from cruise ship terminal
299 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Aucky Walky Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.