The Skippers Road is a historic route we travel via 4WD. Built during the gold rush we drive high above the Kawerau River giving you a historic context of what life was like for the original settlers of Skippers Canyon, sharing stories, tales and showing you relics from the past.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coronet Peak, Queenstown New Zealand
A brief pause for a geography lesson on the glacial formation of the basin, posing for photography.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Skippers Road Lookout, Coronet Peak 9371, New Zealand
Views down Long Gully. The entrance to the route into Skippers for the Gold Rush.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kawarau River, New Zealand
Overlooking the Kawerau we take in the panoramic views of Maori Point and continue our 4WD tour into Skippers Village and School House for a homemade organic morning or afternoon tea.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Historic Skippers School, Skippers Road, Queenstown 9371 New Zealand
A tour of the schoolhouse and portrait photography leading to a walk along to the Historic Skippers Bridge.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for people scared of heights
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- WiFi on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - Homemade organic baking using traditional settlers recipes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Coronet Peak
- Entry/Admission - Skippers Road Lookout
- Entry/Admission - Kawarau River
- Entry/Admission - Historic Skippers School
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from anywhere in Queenstown District. Please request collection from further afield for additional cost.
- Frankton Airport, Queenstown New Zealand
4 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AuthenticAs in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.