See the highlights of Dunedin’s city center and Larnach Castle in the morning, then spend the afternoon immersed in the natural beauty of the Otago Peninsula. Visit the nesting grounds of the rare and endangered yellow-eyed penguin and northern royal albatross as you explore the scenic coast along Taiaroa Head. Small-group tour with a maximum of 19 people allows for personalized attention from your knowledgeable guide.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Signal Hill Road, Dunedin New Zealand
Great View of Dunedin
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: Baldwin Street: The Steepest Street in the World, Baldwin Street, Dunedin 9010 New Zealand
Take a picture of the steepest residential street in the world!
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: University of Otago, 362 Leith Street, Dunedin 9016 New Zealand
A short minute walk to the oldest University in NZ - the 'clock tower building' is absolutely stunning!
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: Dunedin Railway Station, Dunedin New Zealand
You'll have 10 minutes to enjoy this unique building - an absolute work of art and easily NZ's finest.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
We'll spend about 5 hours on the Peninsula where we'll visit a couple of attractions and get out of the bus as much as possible.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Larnach Castle & Gardens, 145 Camp Rd Otago Peninsula, Dunedin New Zealand
We go to the castle primarily for the gardens however you will be given the option during the booking process to go inside. The gardens are of international significance and have some of the finest views of the harbour. Lunch (not included) can be ordered in the 'Ballroom Cafe'
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Penguin Place, 45 Pakihau Road Otago Peninsula, Dunedin 9077 New Zealand
Your nature guide will take you into a unique reserve to look for the third largest and rarest penguin in the world - the Yellow-Eyed Penguin, listed as 'critically endangered'. You are alos likely to come across NZ fur seals and Little Blue Penguins
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Taiaroa Head, Harington Point 9077, New Zealand
Our guide will take you to the cliff tops to look for the majestic 'Northern Royal Albatross'
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount walking is involved, there are 90 steps at the penguin reserve. A moderate level of fitness is required
- Bring a waterproof jacket , sunglasses, hat and closed-toe shoes suitable for walking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 18 people per tour
- Departure time may change depending on cruise ship schedule
- We guarantee you will see at least 1 penguin, but please be aware penguins are wild and shy birds and sightings may be limited
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Larnach Castle & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Penguin Place
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4:30pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Back to Nature Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.