Create lasting memories on this half-day tour of the Bay of Islands from your cruise ships arrival at the Waitangi Wharf.The Bay of Islands is a popular tourist destination in New Zealand. This guided tour shows you an abundance of breathtaking picturesque views giving you plenty of fantastic photo opportunities. The area is often referred to as “the birthplace of New Zealand”, due to the past events that took place there. These historical events led to the shaping of New Zealand.Your tour will include a Bakery/Café stop for you to grab a coffee or something to eat “on the go”. Your Bay Of Islands tour guide will instruct you on where to catch the shuttle buses back to the tenders should you wish to stay in town longer once your tour ends.
What You'll Get
At 9.15am you will be met by your tour guide at the Waitangi Wharf before you depart on your half-day tour. Your first stop is the Kawiti glow worm caves which is about a 30-minute drive from the Waitangi Wharf. You will be able to enjoy a magical glowworm experience.
You will then move on to Kawakawa. This is a small town which is also known as “train town”.
At 11:45am you will be at the Puketi Forest. This is a 15,000 hectare forest which contains magnificent stands of Kauri and a rich ecological diversity.
The next stop is the Makana Chocolate Factory in Kerikeri. This is a boutique chocolate factory where you can watch the making of chocolates, taste a few samples and of course shop for some delicious treats. You will also be able to visit the Kauri Workshop next door which has crafts and collectables for sale.
You will then visit the famous horse shoe waterfalls, Haruru Falls. These falls are located in a hidden valley on the beautiful and peaceful Waitangi River.
The last stop of the day is the Waitangi look-out Loop. This is a final chance to take in the stunning views over Waitangi and the Bay of Islands, before your transportation back to the wharf or Paihia if you would prefer to have a look around.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- 100% refund will be issued if your ship can't make it into port due to weather conditions.
- If your ship is scheduled to arrive after 9.30am - the tour departure time will automatically adjust to depart 1 hour after your arrival time - you can email to confirm this after booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Entry/Admission - Haruru Falls
- Entry/Admission - Makana Chocolate Boutique
- Entry/Admission - Kawiti Caves
- Entry/Admission - Manginangina Kauri Walk
- Food and Drinks
5 hours 30 minutes
You will be taken back to the Waitangi Wharf or, alternatively, Paihia, if you wish to do some shopping. There are free shuttle busses running from the town to the wharf which you can catch later in the day.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bay Of Islands Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.