Experience Auckland’s fascinating volcanic landscape, get a taste of Maori history and discover the wonderful West Coast, the home of Maui Dolphins, Seals (Kekenos) and native bird life. Leaving the crowds behind us we will travel through the Kumeu wine region to the wild West Coast. Enjoy the wonderful nature on a walk through mystic rainforest before reaching the 60 km long black sand beach. If you are lucky you will see playful Maui Dolphins, sunbathing seals and about 3000 Gannets looking after their chicks (August-April).We head back to the “City of Sails”, visit historical Bastion Point and get a taste of Maori history before we stop in a little seaside village where you will have the opportunity to have some lunch enjoy a fantastic view onto Auckland’s largest volcano, Rangitoto and Browns Island.From here we will visit Maungakiekie, the second largest volcano Auckland’s and a place of remembrance for Maori and other New Zealanders.
What You'll Get
*Starting time is flexible
Tour Type: Shore Excursion, Nature and Wildlife, Local Experience, First Time Visitor
Transportation Method: Comfortable VW Multivan with 7 seats, air conditioning.
8:30 am Pick up from Hotel, Port or as agreed.
Aiport transfer possible add an extra charge
- Driver/Guide - German/English speaking
- Transportation in VW Multivan with 7 comfortable seats, air conditioning
- Pure NZ water
- Regional Park Entrance
*Starting time is flexible
8:30 am pick up
- Leaving the crowds behind us, we will travel to the wild West Coast (40 minutes).
- Enjoy the wonderful nature on a walk (30-60 min).
- Stop for a picnic
- We head back to the "City of Sails"
- Visit historical Bastion Point
- Stop in a little sea side village
- Visit Maungakiekie, the second largest volcano Auckland's
Drop off around 3:30 pm
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Beautiful Nature Tours Auckland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.