Enjoy a full-day, small group tour to Te Puia in Rotorua to experience the world-famous Pohutu Geyser, and more than 500 natural geothermal wonders. Rotorua is the Geothermal Wonderland of New Zealand and a "must visit" destination for any Tauranga cruise ship passengers.
View the Government Gardens, lakefront, scenic and city sights as well as the wildlife and the and the spectacular Okere Falls.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mount Maunganui, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
Your scenic drive from the Port of Tauranga takes you from Mount Maunganui through the beautiful New Zealand countryside to arrive at Te Puia in Rotorua
Stop At: Te Puia, Hemo Road, Rotorua New Zealand
Te Puia in Rotorua – the home of bubbling mud pools, hot pools, the world famous Pohutu geyser, and the New Zealand Arts and Crafts Institute. There are not many places in the world where geothermal activity is as extensive and accessible as right here and your Maori guide will take you on a tour of this incredible natural wonder. This valley is alive with bubbling mud pools, erupting geysers, and hissing steams including the world-famous Pohutu and the six neighboring geysers in an area known as Geyser Flats.
You will have the opportunity to view the endangered Kiwi bird in their own specially lit house. Your visit directly helps with conservation efforts for this iconic bird that is so special to New Zealand. You will also experience a Maori cultural performance including traditional songs, the captivating poi dance and the world-famous haka (war challenge) with the opportunity for visitors to take part in a more intimate Maori cultural experience only available at Te Puia. Lunch is not provided however there is time to purchase food and beverages at Te Puia.
Enjoy lunch at Te Puia (not included) before re-boarding your vehicle and traveling into Rotorua to see the main sights of this geothermal city.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Rotorua Museum, Oruawhata Drive Government Gardens, Rotorua New Zealand
Rotorua geothermal city tour – including a look at the famous Government Gardens, Blue Baths (a historic bathhouse), Rachel Spring (a boiling hot pool reaching temperatures of up to 100degC), lakefront and scenic sights.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Okere Falls Road, Okere Falls 3074, New Zealand
Your journey draws to a close stopping to view the spectacular Okere Falls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kiwifruit Country, 316 State Highway 33, Paengaroa 3189 New Zealand
Return to Mount Maunganui with a scenic drive viewing the local highlights, pristine coastline, kiwifruit orchards, and more. You will arrive at the Port of Tauranga passenger gate at least an hour prior to your ship sailing time.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time.
- Please note: The order of sites visited may vary. In the event of scheduling changes with ship arrival or departure, we reserve the right to alter the itinerary to accommodate these variations.
- Don't forget to bring your camera.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Full commentary by an experienced tour driver
- Maori Cultural Performance
- Carving School and the Weaving School
- Rotorua tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Okere Falls
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Best Deal Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.