Half day Lord of the Rings location tour brings the best locations in Wellington City. This is the best way to see Wellington’s Lord of the Rings locations in half a day with a knowledgeable Lord of the Rings specialist guide.Includes; Mt Victoria, the Wellington film studios and post production facilities, including the Weta Workshop.
What You'll Get
This half day tour brings out the best locations in Wellington City and is the best way to see Wellington’s Lord of the Ring locations.
Around the city the tour takes in Courtenay Place and the Embassy Movie theatre where they had the world premier of LOTR: Return of the King and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Then it up to Mt Victoria for some magnificent views of the city and harbour, on the drive down a stop will be made at ‘Green Belt’ a forest location where you will walk through the forest to where several of the movie scenes were shot.
It is then off to ‘Wellywood’ the Wellington film studios and post production facilities, including the Weta Workshop. You will visit the brand new ‘Windows into Workshop’ exhibition. This is a guided tour of the physical prop-making and makeup side of the Weta studio.
There will be time to see the mini-museum & souvenir shop before being returned to the City or back to the Ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Small group limited to 9 people
- Regular departures are at 8.15am, however if your cruise arrives later there may be an afternoon departure at 1.15pm. For those arriving later, your pickup time will be confirmed at time of booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Weta Workshop
- Food and drinks
Wellington Cruise Port
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Leisure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.