Enjoy a unique opportunity to experience the very best Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula has to offer. This small group shore excursion offers sightseeing for both Dunedin City and the Otago Peninsula, Larnach Castle and a visit to the famous Speights Brewery. On leaving port you will travel through Dunedin City and then out onto the Otago Peninsula to Larnach Castle for a fully guided tour of both the castle and its grounds. Early afternoon the tour returns to Dunedin for the completion of the city sightseeing taking in the highlights of the city with an entertaining and informative commentary. Mid afternoon the tour arrives at the Speights Brewery for a fully guided tour of the brewery
What You'll Get
Meet a driver at your Port Chalmers (Dunedin) cruise ship for 9:30am departure, then travel into the city for an informative tour of Dunedin's key areas. Visit the University of Otago, the Dunedin Botanic Gardens, historic buildings, stately homes, and the world`s steepest street, with plenty of time to take pictures along the way.
The next stop is the 1871 Larnach Castle & Gardens, where you'll journey back in time with a guided tour through the scandalous, exciting, and tragic history of the imposing landmark. Find breathtaking views of the Otago Peninsula from the splendid gardens, and enjoy some free time to purchase lunch from the castle cafe.
See even more of Otago Peninsula scenery on the trip back to Dunedin, then arrive at the Speight’s Brewery for an interactive and informative guided tour through the historic working brewery, which has been producing Speight’s legendary ales on the same site since 1876.
This full-day Dunedin and Otago Peninsula tour concludes with drop-off at Port Chalmers at roughly 4pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Covered footwear is required for the Brewery Tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Guided Tour of Larnach Castle
- Guided Tour of Speights Brewery
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - Larnach Castle & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Speight’s Brewery
- Food and drinks
Port Chalmers (Dunedin Port)
6 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Leisure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.