See the sights of Christchurch when your ship is docked in Akaroa port, then enjoy one of the adrenaline-charged adventures New Zealand is famous for on a wild jet-boating ride on the Waimak River. Combining the grand urban architecture of Christchurch and the exhilarating experience of jet-boating, you’ll see both sides of New Zealand on this city and river shore excursion.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Akaroa Village Inn, 81 Beach Rd, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
First you will be collected at the park at the end of Akaroa Wharf (opposite the Akaroa Village Inn) at 10.30am and driven through the village of Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula with stunning views of rolling hills, lakes and coastlines before arriving in Christchurch.
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
After boarding our coaches from the Akaroa Port, we'll take you through to the Christchurch Botanic Gardens & Christchurch Museum via the scenic Banks Peninsula. Explore on your own for 30 minutes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Depart the Botanical Gardens for a brief Christchurch City tour highlighting city landmarks and the rebuild of city centre after the 2011 Earthquake.
Stop At: Alpine Jet Thrills Limited - Braided Shallows, Hamilton Quay Kaiapoi, Christchurch 7691, New Zealand
Enjoy an exhilarating Jet boat ride, “The Braided Blast”, on the snow-fed Waimakariri River in the shallow river flats. Speed and spin in waters that is sometimes only centimetres deep.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch-Akaroa Road, Christchurch 75810 New Zealand
Travel back to Akaroa via the Banks Peninsula to board your cruise ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Life-vests and splash-proof jackets provided on jet-boat
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- The minimum age for jet-boating is two years of age.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Jet-boat ride
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
- Food and drinks
Akaroa Dolphins | Harbour Nature Cruises, Main Wharf (Entrance, Canterbury 7520, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Leisure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.