Watch whales and swim with dolphins. This is a overnight delight for all those who wish to get close to nature. Journey from Christchurch to Kaikoura, where you will take a whale watch tour. Overnight in this tiny coastal town, before joining your Swim with Dolphins cruise. Dive into the oceans and swim next to these amazing mammals. A marine experience unmatched by any other.
What You'll Get
Day 1: Christchurch - Kaikoura
Travel by coach through the rolling hill country of North Canterbury, enjoying the beauty of its rural pastoral scenes, to Kaikoura where mountains meet sea (a journey of approximately three hours by coach). Kaikoura is world renowned for the variety of marine mammals which can be seen, not least of all the giant sperm whales and the acrobatic Dusky Dolphins.
On arrival in Kaikoura you will be transferred to a whale watch tour by boat. This afternoon is free to explore Kaikoura.
Overnight Accommodation: The White Morph or Similar
Day 2: Kaikoura / Christchurch
This morning join the Swim with Dolphins Cruise with Dolphin Encounter. You will be fully equipped with wet suit, mask, snorkel and flippers in order to swim in the sea with the Dusky Dolphins. There will be the opportunity during the day to visit a seal colony where fur seals may be viewed at close quarters. Returning to Christchurch this afternoon (a journey of approximately three hours by coach), a stop will be made at a North Canterbury vineyard where a wine tasting has been arranged for your pleasure, if time permits.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please note, infants under 3 years of age may not join the cruises but may travel on the light aircraft tours
- Children must be aged 8 years and over to swim with Dolphins.
- Customers must declare any pre-existing medical conditions. A basic level of fitness is required. Customers will be floating in the open ocean and will be required to swim to and from the boat - distances up to 50 meters (150 feet) at a time.
- Once the tour has commenced only the unused portion of the tour will be refunded should the boats not sail or the planes not fly.
- If due to whale sightings or weather conditions the boat offers a partial refund, this refund will be passed on to our customers.
- If whale watch is undertaken by light aircraft and no whales are seen, no refund applies.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Live commentary on board
- Overnight accommodation
- Whale watch tour by boat
- Fur seal colony viewing
- Swim with Dolphins
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- North Canterbury vineyard visit and wine tasting
- GST (Goods and Services Tax
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Tour departs from selected Christchurch hotels
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm on Day 2
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Leisure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.