We invite you to join us on a tour of discovery. With its spectacular scenery, travel through the southern alps on the TranzAlpine train to Arthurs Pass and enjoy an optional lunch and jet boating on the Waimakariri Gorge along with a high country sheep farm visit with sheep shearing, dog work and afternoon tea.
What You'll Get
We will collect you from your cruise ship berthed in the port of Lyttelton and from Christchurch travel by road to Springfield at the foothills of the Southern Alps.
At Springfield, board the world famous TranzAlpine train: a train journey which is rated as one of the top ten train journeys in the world. Travel through the Southern Alps to Arthurs Pass viewing spectacular alpine scenery through panoramic windows.
In Arthurs Pass we meet the train and then tour by road over the snow-capped Southern Alps in the Arthurs Pass National Park and on to the Otira Gorge making photo stops on route. Visit the old village of Otira before returning to Arthurs Pass for lunch.
Following lunch there will be time to explore the village prior to departing Arthurs Pass and returning to Christchurch by road travelling again through the majestic Southern Alps and Alpine Passes, with river valleys, lakes and towering peaks as a backdrop. On route you will stop for an exhilarating jet boat ride through the spectacular gorges of the Waimakariri River, travelling up river to areas inaccessible by road.
Following the jet boating, a visit will be made to a high-country farm for afternoon tea, followed by a sheep shearing and sheep dog mustering demonstration. From there you will continue to Christchurch and be returned to your cruise ship in Lyttelton.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Jet boating is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date for the tour or a refund for the jet boating part of the tour
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Jet boating is not recommended for pregnant women
- The minimum age for jet boating is 2 years of age.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- TranzAlpine train journey
- Jet boat ride
- Afternoon tea
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified (e.g. lunch)
Traveler pickup is offered
9 hours 30 minutes
Returns to the original departure point at 4.30-5.00pm. This ensures that you can board your cruise ship before its departure.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Leisure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.