Travel by road on a full day tour from Christchurch to Mount Cook, Australasia's highest mountain. Along the way you'll pass through the spectacular scenery of the Canterbury Plains, view MacKenzie Basin, Lakes Tekapo and Pukari and Tasman Glacier. Lunch at the Hermitage Hotel as well as morning and afternoon snacks are also included on your guided tour.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Tekapo, Lake Tekapo, Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
You will travel by road to Mount Cook through the Canterbury Plains, foothills of the Southern Alps and the MacKenzie Basin. Your will make a short stop en route to the either the Kiwi Country or Tin Shed (an old shearing shed selling discount sweaters) or at Barkers (the largest fruit winery in NZ) for sampling of unique New Zealand products. You will then make a stop at the beautiful Lake Tekapo for morning tea and a photo opportunity.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Lake Pukaki, New Zealand
Continue on to Lake Pukaki which affords some incredible views of Mt Cook, New Zealand's highest mountain, on a clear day.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Hermitage Hotel, 89 Terrace Road, Mount Cook National Park 7999, New Zealand
On arriving at Mt Cook National Park, make a stop at the Hermitage Hotel for lunch.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Tasman Glacier, New Zealand
Your guide will drive into the Tasman Glacier where a fifteen to twenty minute climb by foot will take you to a vantage point which provides beautiful views of both the Tasman Glacier and Lake Tasman.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fairlie, Fairlie, Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
Return to Christchurch via road. A short stop will be made in Fairly for afternoon tea.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note Tasman Glacier viewing walk is subject to weather conditions on the day of travel which due to the mountains and altitude is very changeable. Should this walk not be available due to weather then the tour will visit the Mount Cook Edmund Hilary Center at the Hermitage
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Entry/Admission - The Hermitage Hotel
- Gratuities (optional)
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point at approximately 9:00pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Leisure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.