In the heart of the Southern Alps, Arthur's Pass National Park has an incredible diversity of flora and landscape. Experience a breathtaking journey aboard the TranzAlpine Train winding it's way through the magnificent Waimakariri Gorge. Join short guided walks to rainforests, rivers and mountain vistas and visit the incredible Castle Hill rocks. Traveling in a small group, maximum eight participants, allows for an intimate and informative experience.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: TranzAlpine Train, Addington Railway Station Troup Drive, Christchurch New Zealand
Journey across the wide expanses of the Canterbury Plains into high country surrounded by rugged mountain ranges. After leaving the Canterbury Plains, the landscape dramatically changes into sub-alpine we head towards the spectacular Southern Alps. View the Waimakariri River and its unique braided riverbed system. Enter Arthur’s Pass National Park where short walks can be made to experience forests, rivers and mountains vistas.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Arthur's Pass National Park Visitor Centre, State Highway 73, Arthur's Pass National Park 7654 New Zealand
Follow the old stage coach route and travel down the spectacular Otira Gorge, testament to the road builders of the 1860's and the route taken by the Maori in their quest for greenstone.
View Cave Stream where it burrows underground in an area of limestone cliffs and gorges, craggy outcrops and a setting of mountains to the east and west. This area was also used as for the filming of C.J Lewis’ story – “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”. The incredible Castle Hill rocks, unique weatherworn, rain smoothed outcrops of limestone are seen from the highway. Lunch at a country hotel, included in cost of tour.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A percentage of the tour price is used for the conservation of New Zealand's wildlife, environment and it's endangered species
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Lunch at a country hotel
- Guided walks of Arthur's Pass National Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Travel by TranzAlpine train
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - TranzAlpine Train
- Entry/Admission - Arthur's Pass National Park Visitor Centre
- Cruise port pickup is not available
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Trails in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.