Discover the historic town of Akaroa and the magnificent natural beauty of the Banks Peninsula on this small group tour from Christchurch. Be amazed by the spectacular views of Akaroa Harbour and the Canterbury Plains on the high scenic drive from Christchurch, visit a cheese factory to taste locally made cheese and explore Akoroa's French influenced streets. You'll have the choice to join a nature and harbor cruise to see the rich variety of marine and bird life or to swim with Hector's Dolphins, the world smallest and rarest dolphins only found in New Zealand waters.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Akaroa, Akaroa, Canterbury Region, South Island
You will travel to Akaroa over the beautiful Banks Peninsula on a high summit route which gives glorious views of farmlands, the Canterbury Plains and the distant Southern Alps as well as remote bays indenting the coastline. From the main wharf in Akaroa boats depart for a Nature Cruise on the harbour. See Hectors Dolphins, little blue penguins, New Zealand fur seals and local bird life. Learn more about the local history from your boat skipper and be awed by the volcanic cliffs that act as sentinels to the harbour entrance. You will have an opportunity to wander around the charming 175 year old French harbour side village of Akaroa with its museum of settlers’ history, art and craft shops and studios before enjoying lunch at an award winning cafe.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Barrys Bay Cheese, 5807 Christchurch Akaroa Road Barrys Bay, Akaroa 7582 New Zealand
On the journey back to Christchurch we visit the Cheese Factory at Barry’s Bay, the only one remaining on the peninsula from a bygone era.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A percentage of the tour price is used for the conservation of New Zealand's wildlife, environment and it's endangered species
- Tour operator picks up from all accommodation: hotel, lodge, Bed & Breakfast in Christchurch. The tour operator will confirm the tour and leave a message at the Christchurch accommodation 24 hours prior to the tour date.
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Cheese factory visit
- Cafe lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop off from all centrally located Christchurch hotels
- An Eco-marine harbor cruise - if option selected
- An Eco-marine adventure swimming with the Hector's Dolphins - if option selected
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Trails in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.