You'll depart Christchurch and travel through the beautiful rural pastoral scenes of North Canterbury to Kaikoura, where the mountains meet the sea. From there a Whale Watch cruise (or if cruise cancelled due to weather, a flight with Wings over Whales * ), will take you to look for the majestic Sperm Whales and Dusky Dolphin. Sightings may also include the Southern Right Whale, Humpback and Pilot Whales. ( Or you may consider a trip with the Dolphin Swim Encounter * ).
After your cruise or flight, you'll enjoy a cafe lunch followed by a drive to a lookout with spectacular views of the peninsula and the Pacific Ocean. Here sightings can be made of the NZ Fur Seals. If time permits a stop at an award winning Waipara winery will be made where you can experience some local wines before returning to Christchurch.
* Check for price variations.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaikoura, Kaikoura, Canterbury Region, South Island
Depart Christchurch and travel through the beautiful rural pastoral scenes of North Canterbury to Kaikoura where the mountains meet the sea. Once in Kaikoura, a Whale Watch Cruise or flight is made and you will look out for the majestic Sperm Whales and Dusky Dolphins. Sightings can also include the Southern Right Whale, Humpback and Pilot Whales.
After your cruise or flight, enjoy a cafe lunch followed by a drive to a lookout with spectacular views of peninsula and the Pacific Ocean.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Whale Watch Cruise (or scenic flight if cruise cancelled - price may vary)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from Hotels, B&B's and Home-stay's within central Christchurch
- Christchurch Intl Airport, Christchurch New Zealand
10 to 11 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Trails in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.