Our half day canyoning experience has a little bit of everything in an action packed 4 hour (approx) round trip. We walk in through an ancient beech forest that hides the high-walled canyon. Once in, you’ll descend the canyon by zipline, abseiling/rappelling waterfalls, plunging into natural pools, floating down narrow passageways and cascading down chutes - all in beautiful natural surroundings.
It's an awesome and exhilarating feeling. The Queenstown canyon half day trip is suitable for first-timers to adventure seekers and is a great option for groups and team building. No previous canyoning experience is required but you should be confident in moving water and have a reasonable level of fitness.
Go for it, you’ll have a blast! Minimum age is 12 years.
What You'll Get
Pack a whole lot of action and a huge amount of memories into half a day.
The trip begins at the Adventure Centre in Queenstown where you’ll meet the guides in our departure lounge.
Then, it’s a 10 minute drive to our base to be fitted with canyoning gear.
Following a safety briefing, your guides will lead the group through beautiful, ancient beech forest to the start of the canyon.
We descend and explore the canyon by zip line, abseiling (rappelling) waterfalls, slides, plunging into natural pools, floating down narrow passageways and cascading down chutes – all in beautiful natural surroundings.
It’s an awesome and exhilarating feeling. You can choose the level of challenge you want throughout the trip – our guides can provide easier routes and they will instruct you through every adventure!
Then it’s a short drive back to base where you’ll appreciate our investment in heated changing rooms and hot showers.
The Queenstown canyon half day trip is suitable for first-timers to adventure seekers and is a great option for groups and team building. No previous canyoning experience is required but you should be confident in moving water and have a reasonable level of fitness.
• Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
• Twelve Mile Delta to Bob's Cove Track, Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown 9371 New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian signed consent.
- Minimum age is 12 years
- All medical conditions will need to be declared before departure
- We recommend that you wear a non cotton thermal underlayer (merino or polypro)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Weight limit 120 kg
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Wetsuits & helmets
- All safety equipment
- Waterproof footwear
- Air-conditioned vehicle
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canyon Explorers in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.