Unleash your adventurous side on this full-day tour that will take you hiking on the famous Routeburn Track, one of New Zealand’s 7 great walks, and canyoning in a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Descend the canyon by zipline, abseiling/rappelling waterfalls, plunging into natural pools, floating down narrow passageways and cascading down chutes, all in beautiful natural surroundings. Great for those adventurous explorers. Suited for people with a high level of fitness and water confidence. The minimum age is 15, and children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
What You'll Get
The Routeburn canyon is a full sensory experience.
You’ll begin your trip at the Adventure Centre in Queenstown where you’ll sign in and meet your guide for the day. From here, it is 10 minutes to the canyoning base to be fitted with canyoning gear.
We then head off on a scenic drive along the shores of Lake Wakatipu, passing through Glenorchy and into Mount Aspiring National Park’s Routeburn Valley.
At the Routeburn Valley, we will get changed into the equipment provided and following a 25 minute ascending walk through native rain forest along world-renowned Routeburn Track, it is time for your canyoning adventure to begin.
Once in the canyon, you will abseil, jump into crystal clear pools, zipline over native bush, navigate through narrow passageways and slide down chutes.
Before heading back to Queenstown, you’ll get to relax in the beautiful surrounds of the Routeburn Valley with a picnic lunch, tea and coffee.
This canyon is suited for people with a high level of fitness and water confidence. The minimum age is 15, and children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Routeburn Track, Routeburn Road, Fiordland National Park New Zealand
• Mount Aspiring New Zealand
• Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
• Glenorchy-Queenstown Road, Queenstown New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 15 years, passengers under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- A good level of fitness is required, as there is a 25 minute uphill hike
- All participants must be able to swim and have a high level of water confidence
- Previous canyoning experience or similar preferred
- We recommend wearing a non-cotton thermal underlayer (merino or polypro)
- All medical conditions will need to be declared before departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Lunch is included - please advise of dietary requirements
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Weight limit of 120 kg
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Wetsuits, helmets and waterproof footwear
- All safety equipment
- Picnic Lunch (please advise of any dietary requirements at time of booking)
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
39 Camp St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canyon Explorers in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.